Gen5detect Wall Mount - Feedback | Dyson Community
Solved

Gen5detect Wall Mount - Feedback

• 14 August 2023
  • 6 replies

I’m not sure why this topic keeps on being marked as “solved”. The back plate of the wall mount for a cordless vacuum Gen5detect has a major design flaw. Once the dock gets slided and locked with the back mount it is virtually impossible to remove it without breaking the dock. So IF it gets shipped that way to you then you are out of luck. You can’t mount your $1,000 vacuum and it can’t stand up right. The reason is because you need to remove that back plate to screw it on the wall.

Is there another solution other then saying “view this video” or “look at the manual”? Because it seems the person making those suggestions & closing these topics does not have one of these poorly designed wall mounts on hand to understand the problem.

Please view these other posting for reference: 

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 14 August 2023, 09:47

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

6 replies

Fair point! Although the answer on removing it from @George23 on Cordless Gen5 Detect - Wall dock/dok removal help fixed my issue. I had to give it a whack at the base (tools removed) for it to pop up. It’s overly engineered and poorly designed.

If you’ve had one arrive with the dock/back plate fitted, you’ll have to order a new one. Dyson can send you a replacement. They won’t ask you to ship the other part back. Recycle it as you see fit. 

Community search shows 4 posts with conflicting answers. I’m going to share this to each one. @Dyson Community Moderator @Stuart take note. An official communication from Dyson would go along way!

To remove it: I gave mine a sharp smack on the bottom. popped right off. I agree it, poor design, but I could still remove it.  

If it arrives pre-fitted: There isn’t a way to pry it apart once it’s together like that. You’ll need to have Dyson send you a new dock. 

@Kibbleb the “whacking” with a hammer still did not work for me. I also tried prying out through the side with a flat screw driver to unhinge the latches on the side. No go. It’s like there is something else on the top behind the plate that keeps it in place. I also reached out to Dyson for a replacement. They say they are out of stock of those wall mounts. I take it from sending out so many replacements?

Anyways, I guess I’m going to just have to return this $1,000 vacuum because of a faulty $5 plastic mount. Seems silly.

Yes mine arrived pre-fitted. I called Dyson and they said they are out of stock for the next 4-6 weeks. It’s annoying that I have this expensive vacuum that I can’t charge properly. 

Yes mine arrived pre-fitted. I called Dyson and they said they are out of stock for the next 4-6 weeks. It’s annoying that I have this expensive vacuum that I can’t charge properly. 

While it doesn’t stop the vac from being used, it’s a very very poor experience. Start GETTING IT RIGHT Dyson!

This thread reminded me it had been about a month since my last call, so I called back to see if they were back in stock and they were - a new one is on the way to me now. On the phone the rep asked me if I had tried to take them apart by using extra strength… I told him it was physically impossible, clearly a design flaw and needs to be redesigned.