Innovation frustration | Dyson Community

Innovation frustration

• 2 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello, firstly I would like to say I am a massive fan of Dyson products and I love my cordless vacuum. However my biggest frustration is that I Cannot completely vacuum my house without the power dying and then having to charge up for several hours. I have looked at purchasing a separate battery and charger so that I can have multiple batteries available. But just a suggestion is could we make a charging port that holds the vacuum and another battery. Or possibly create a hybrid cordless vacuum that can also be plugged into the mains as well?.  

Dyson Community Moderator 1 year ago

Hello @Greg370587 

Thanks for this feedback, we love to hear and learn from our owners.

I can tell you have a passion about our Cordless vacuums. Whilst we can’t discuss any projects our engineers may be working on before we’re ready to launch. We’re busy working on a pipeline of new technology stretching 25 years into the future, we do urge you to keep an eye on www.dyson.com and our social media accounts to be among the first to find out when we have news to share.

As you mentioned purchasing a spare battery for your machine, whilst this is possible, some of the older Cordless vacuums require this battery to be screwed in. On some of our most recent models, these batteries slide out at a touch. If you’re thinking investing into your next Dyson, you may want to consider one of these for ease. 

If you haver any follow up questions, feel free to ask. 

Thanks, 

Kelly.

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @Greg370587 

Thanks for this feedback, we love to hear and learn from our owners.

I can tell you have a passion about our Cordless vacuums. Whilst we can’t discuss any projects our engineers may be working on before we’re ready to launch. We’re busy working on a pipeline of new technology stretching 25 years into the future, we do urge you to keep an eye on www.dyson.com and our social media accounts to be among the first to find out when we have news to share.

As you mentioned purchasing a spare battery for your machine, whilst this is possible, some of the older Cordless vacuums require this battery to be screwed in. On some of our most recent models, these batteries slide out at a touch. If you’re thinking investing into your next Dyson, you may want to consider one of these for ease. 

If you haver any follow up questions, feel free to ask. 

Thanks, 

Kelly.

I’d certainly like to think that their future designs come with an easier way to charge the battery. Great idea @Greg370587.

Have you seen their latest V15 model? I got it last month! The batteries are really easy to remove and come with up to 60 mins of run time per charge!! I don’t have my machine with me, but I brought it off the back of this unboxing video Dyson V15 Detect Absolute | Unboxing and Review. Skip to 3.50 to see the battery being removed.