Is there a way to get the V15 to run without having to hold the trigger? | Dyson Community
Solved

Is there a way to get the V15 to run without having to hold the trigger?

• 1 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello, I purchased the V-15 because I had read somewhere that it was the only model which ran without having to hold the trigger the entire time your cleaning your house. Upon receiving my unit, I realized I do in fact need to hold the trigger the entire time and haven't found a way to clean without a constant trigger press. Am I missing something? 

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 2 August 2023, 15:25

View original

4 replies

Nope - Unless you buy a hacked attachment. Like a button clip etc. I think they exist on eBay or even etsy. The single button press/power option is only on the V12 and Gen5 stick vacs. I’m sure this will change in the future, but right now the V15 doesn’t have it.  

Ugh. That's what I get for listening to a Dyson rep on the Walmart app. under refurbished Dyson reviews. Had I known that, I'd have purchased the V12. Thank you for responding and I'll definitely look for that attachment. I had no idea that was a thing. ☺️

Can you return it or exchange it at the store? 

I think I'd rather keep it. I really love the power it has and the laser dusting attachment. The trigger isn't a deal breaker. I watched a YouTube review comparing the two and the V-15 is more powerful than the V12 and my husband's even obsessed with it lol. He loves the particle count. I was just hoping for the trigger option bc I only have one working hand, due to a stroke 6yrs ago and not having to hold the trigger down would've been nice. Hopefully by the time I'm ready to purchase another Dyson they'll have realized it's a feature a lot of people would appreciate and start incorporating it into their newer models. Thanks for responding though ☺️