My Dyson upgrade is actually a downgrade | Dyson Community
Solved

My Dyson upgrade is actually a downgrade

• 27 February 2024
  • 1 reply

I’v had the Dyson V12 since early 2022 and over the course of 2023 I had to replace the battery twice, as it stopped working properly for no particular reason. Dyson was ready to send me another new battery  (thanks to my warranty) but because they were out of stock they opted to “upgrade” me and send me a whole new Dyson V15. I accepted. I just received it and I am not satisfied at all, as I have to constantly press the Start button to keep the vacuum on. This feature is terrible and makes me feel like I downgraded and not upgraded at all. As a pregnant mother of a toddler I vacuum a lot and need it to be a seamless experience, hence why I choose Dyson in the first place. To constantly press on a button makes my whole arm sore! I am not happy and wish to get what I initially asked for, which was a whole new V12 Dyson, since my warranty is still valid and it’s what I initially paid for. I sincerely hope Dyson will accommodate me asap. 

icon

Best answer by Jack 27 February 2024, 12:20

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Jessicaoros03,

Thanks for getting in touch to let us know about this. I’m sorry you’re unhappy with the Dyson V15 Detect™ vacuum offered as an exchange. For support, you'll need to continue your conversation with the Dyson Customer Care experts in your region. Here at the Dyson Community, we don’t have access to customer details and can’t intervene with individual support cases.

Please visit Dyson.com and click the round purple button to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant. Then click the agent icon in the bottom left corner of the chat window to start a conversation with our Customer Care team.

We'll look forward to speaking with you!