My Negative Customer Service Experience with Dyson - Wall Dock Installation Issue | Dyson Community
Solved

My Negative Customer Service Experience with Dyson - Wall Dock Installation Issue

• 8 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Hello everyone on the forum,

I would like to share my recent experiences with Dyson's customer service, which unfortunately turned out to be very dissatisfying. Since December, I have been trying to solve the problem with installing the wall dock for my Dyson Gen5 vacuum cleaner, but unfortunately without success.

After the initial installation, I encountered a serious problem that prevented me from using the device freely. Despite multiple requests for help, I was ignored by the company. It is a known problem described here on the forum and is due to the fact that the manufacturer did not anticipate that the location of the docking station would change. However, this was not indicated in the instructions, which I find unacceptable.

I've been told I have to wait for parts, and it's been over five months and no one can say how much longer I'll have to wait for a simple plastic part.

What's worse, I learned that other docking stations are available, and offered as addition to Dyson Gen5 for free.. Customer service in other countries offers them as an alternative, but unfortunately, my requests for a similar solution remain unanswered because of course I can wait another year for basic plastic part...

I am deeply disappointed by Dyson's approach, which advertises itself as a leader in innovation and customer service. My problem remains unresolved, and my vacuum cleaner, which cost over 4000 PLN, now sits on the floor, damaged and unfit for use.

I would like to warn all potential customers to think carefully before purchasing products from this company. My experiences with Dyson's customer service leave much to be desired, and I am not satisfied with the quality and support I have received.

If any of you have similar experiences or suggestions for solving my problem, please share them. Perhaps together we can find a solution.

icon

Best answer by Jack 15 April 2024, 16:56

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @forkas,

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

If you need to relocate your Dyson Gen5detect™ vacuum’s wall dock after installation, a firm knock to the bottom of the Wall dock with a solid blunt implement will dislodge the main body of the Wall dock from the backplate, allowing removal from the wall. We advise against using a sharp implement such as a hammer, or using the palm of your hand.

Our range does include some free-standing Dyson Floor Doks for our cordless vacuums, which don’t need to be wall-mounted. Occasionally these have been offered as a free limited time only promotional gift with purchase in some markets, but normally would need to be ordered from Dyson.com at full price.

I’m sorry if you’ve been unhappy with your experience so far, but if you need further support with your machine you would need to continue your conversation with the Dyson Customer Care team in your region. 

The quickest way to get in touch is to visit Dyson.com and click the round purple button to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant. Then click the agent icon in the bottom left corner of the chat window to start a live chat conversation with our Customer Care team.

Now I’m even more disappointed. Our local Polish customer support is a joke and useless. I have tried many times and they haven’t resovled my issue from December and they were not able to handle the latest issue. After 4 months of usage, the main part of the vacuum has aged.

I raised a claim about it, the courier picked it up, and after 3 working days, I had my vacuum back. To my surprise, they only checked if the vacuum was working (which was not the topic of the claim) and sent it back with note that its working fine (what a surprise! Genius!) When I contacted customer support, I was told the reason of such reply is they don't have the main part, so it can't be replaced.

What does that mean? So, if you buy a vacuum but the main part is broken, you need to wait for months for the missing part, as described above.

It's ridiculous. That's why I want my money back because you only support the client before the transaction; later, the client is only a burden.

Shame on you, Dyson. I do not recommend at all! Maybe you can connect me with someone who has knowledge and experience with clients because it seems that in Poland, no one knows how to build the brand...