Newly bought Cordless V8 battery issue | Dyson Community
Solved

Newly bought Cordless V8 battery issue

• 5 December 2022
  • 3 replies

So I just bought a new V8 a few days ago via delivery. First charged it for 5 hours, then after 30mins of usage the battery LED indicator shows low battery. Shouldn’t the battery last for at least a few hours? It’s quite annoying cause

1. it’s completely new.

2. first use already have battery issue.

Please help!

(Edited by moderator – Tags added/Moved to a new category)

icon

Best answer by GraceWood 6 December 2022, 11:53

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hiya @mozzy 

I think what you’re getting is right. It doesn’t last for a few hours. I took this from their website.

The run time on Powerful suction mode is 25 minutes with the Motorised head, 30 minutes with the Mini motorised head, and 40 minutes with the combination tool and crevice tool.

MAX mode - 7 minutes with all tools.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @mozzy 

I can confirm that what @GraceWood advised is correct. With our V8 machines, you have two modes of suction power. MAX is great for more stubborn messes or even larger debris, or those times when you find you’re making more than one pass with the floor tool or other attachment in use. MAX provides a boost of suction, with significantly less run time - just 7 minutes. Regular suction mode will give you up to 40 full minutes of run time when you’re using any non-motorized attachment, and up to 30 minutes with anything motorized. I hope this is helpful!

Best wishes,

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@mozzy I’d just posted in cordless general, but thought I’d post it here too! 

To see a direct comparison on runtime read my Models Comparisons - Dyson Cordless Vacuums V6 vs V7 vs V8 vs V10 vs V11 vs V15 | Dyson Community post.