ONE WHOLE MONTH to wait before they'll even collect - disgusting and unacceptable repair timeframe of Gen5Detect | Dyson Community

ONE WHOLE MONTH to wait before they'll even collect - disgusting and unacceptable repair timeframe of Gen5Detect

• 9 March 2024
  • 0 replies

I’ve had my Gen5Detect for just about 5 months.

Loved it.

Then, one day it just started doing the “boing” thing when attempting to power it on. There are no obvious blockages…

On the 23rd February I contacted customer services to report the issue and they originally said they’d do an exchange and that a box would be supplied for the exchange process. I get an email ‘confirming’ (but, without an actual date of exchange) the exchange but it stated I needed to supply a box for the exchange.

On the 27th I received an email stating they were out of stock of the colour machine I have, so would send a different colour. I don’t mind what colour, so I was OK with that. I replied to that email though asking them to confirm whether I was required to supply a box. I heard nothing back…

On the 5th March I decided to phone customer support to check on the exchange status, only to be told that an exchange process would not actually be carried out and that a mistake had been made. They would initiate a repair by collecting my machine. I received an email that evening confirming.

The next morning I fully read the email to be shocked to see that COLLECTION for the machine was the 22nd March!! A WHOLE MONTH after the initial failure was reported to them.

Customer service has been woeful at best, and I guess I’m just posting this here to share my complete and utter dissatisfaction with the “support” I have been given by Dyson.
They will not budge on even remediating this by actually going back to the exchange process originally set in motion.
Quite often when you’ve failed getting anywhere with telephone support the social media team can often be the best next course of action… not in this case, just the same old rubbish I’ve been fed from the telephone team.

I am disgusted that after paying over £800 for a machine which is now 5 months old, that I am to be without a working machine for a month before they even collect it for repair, let alone how long the entire round trip of collection, repair and return to me will take.

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.