Purchasing Advice - V15 Detect Absolute + (Gold) vs V15 Detect Extra | Dyson Community
Sticky Solved

Purchasing Advice - V15 Detect Absolute + (Gold) vs V15 Detect Extra

• 29 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi everyone. Wondering if the community can help me out here please?

I am looking to upgrade my current cordless dyson to a V15 and for the price, really wanting to get the best machine. I know with care these machines do the job well and can last many years (I have a V6!). I am wondering if I am missing a key machine feature when compairing the V15 Detect Absolute + (Gold) with the V15 Detect Extra? Both are on the Dyson website and exclusive to Dyson direct. As far as I can see, I think both have the upgraded HEPA filter to 0.1 micron, both have the built in tool, same motor, same bin size, suction the same and cleaner heads seem to be the same and its just accessories that are different? Price for both is £659.99. I am looking for best performace, so colours don’t matter. 

Can a pro help a rookie out? - Thanks in advance. 

(Moderation Edit - Tags Added/Title Updated) 

icon

Best answer by Eagles 30 January 2023, 14:59

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Essentially the V15 Detect Absolute + (Gold) and V15 Detect Extra are the same machine. The HEPA filtration is identical, as are the bin volume, suction power, charge time, operational time and weight. 

The only advantage I can see if that the Extra includes more accessories: Slightly confusing when you compare them both, but by click on each one, the Extra has a Detail cleaning kit included https://www.dyson.co.uk/support/journey/tools/972203-01 

As you’re not bothered by the colour, I’d be leaning towards the Extra. Value for money, it makes sense. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

If you wanted to compare the V6 to this model, I posted a model comparison last month. 

Models Comparisons - Dyson Cordless Vacuums V6 vs V7 vs V8 vs V10 vs V11 vs V15 | Dyson Community.

I upgraded to the V15. Would. Recommend. 100%!

I challenge anyone not to become addicted with the LED laser head! I’ve never wanted to clean my kitchen floor so much! 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@Viviane this is the answer you are looking for 😁

@Emma.S @Eagles Thank you.