Single-button power control coming to v15? | Dyson Community
Solved

Single-button power control coming to v15?

• 26 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I’m currently deciding my purchase between the v12 Detect (2022) and the v15 detect. One of the major changes with the 2022 v12 was the introduction of the Single-button power control.

Is there any plan to release an updated model of the v15 detect with the Single-button power control in the near future?

Thanks,
Tim

(Edited by moderator – Tag added) 

icon

Best answer by DavidTaylor 27 September 2022, 12:17

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @TimJones

I am not sure if Dyson can/will share this with you. They’ve previously commented about sharing upcoming development plans and how they keep their secrets secure. Sadly it isn’t something they will do. 

As a technology enthusiast, I do try to keep an eye on the latest news and see where the latest launch from them are. They released a new cordless vacuum in the far east. It’s called the Dyson Gen5detect vacuum. This has the single button power option.

I suspect two things:

1. It would be coming to Europe and Americas at some point. From observations, this is usually a number of months. I’d suspect next year. 
  2. Further models will have this single button process as standard. 

David. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

I forgot to include the link to the Gen5detect - https://www.dyson.co.kr/dyson-gen5detect-iron-purple 

Thanks David, I suspected it would be a long shot to get an official Dyson response but hope those liking your response mean it is a decent prediction. Thanks for the link, I think I will wait rather than get an aftermarket trigger switch - worried the motors on the trigger only models aren’t designed for such continuous use, rather for frequent short pauses.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi,

I’m currently deciding my purchase between the v12 Detect (2022) and the v15 detect. One of the major changes with the 2022 v12 was the introduction of the Single-button power control.

Is there any plan to release an updated model of the v15 detect with the Single-button power control in the near future?

Thanks,
Tim

(Edited by moderator – Tag added) 

I too, am very interested in seeing that the v15 detect will have the push button start. I had the v11, which had the power trigger fail on me and I could not get this replaced since it was out of warranty, and Dyson did not have this in stock. I wonder how long the push start would last before failing? The last three Dyson stick cleaners failed on me after a little over two years. Wish Dyson would have a longer warranty on these instead of just two years. Thanks for the question. Hopefully not too long of a wait.