SV19 OmniGlide pushes dirt, doesn't seem to suck it | Dyson Community
Solved

SV19 OmniGlide pushes dirt, doesn't seem to suck it

• 2 January 2023
  • 2 replies

So I have an SV19 stick. I don’t use it often because it’s actually not effective. It wasn’t until my house sitter said that she thought it was broken that I realised this is a real issue.

The filter is clean. My floors are timber. I have used all the different heads and it’s just ineffective. Any tips? It’s less than a year old so am hoping this can be covered under warranty.

(Edited by moderator – Tags added) 

icon

Best answer by Dyson Community Moderator 3 January 2023, 16:16

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Yes. The Cordless cleaners have a 2 year warranty. Dyson should fix it for you. 

My sv15 (v11) had a pick up issue not long ago. It was a blockage. I discovered it after following the checks Dyson have online. It was in the floor tool of all places! Maybe these can help you sort this out? 

https://www.dyson.co.uk/support/vacuum-cleaners/cordless

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @ellen 

The Dyson YouTube channel hosts a vast amount of content that can support on this process. As well as those that provide tips on using, maintaining, and getting the best out of your Dyson machine. Simply use the on-screen search option or navigate through the playlists to start viewing these.

You can view the entire Playlist of videos supporting the Omni-glide right here

The vast majority of pick-up issues are going to be due to a filter that needs cleaning, or a blockage which will result in less airflow, thereby reducing suction.

If you need further support after this, please get in touch via our WhatsApp channel and one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’.