UAE | Mall of Emirates | Poor Customer Service | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

UAE | Mall of Emirates | Poor Customer Service

• 14 July 2024
  • 0 replies

This is the first time I have taken my Dyson V10 for servicing since I bought it in April 2020. And I am SHOCKED by the unprofessionalism I received from one of the In-store Dyson representatitves, In the Dyson store in the Mall of the Emirates in Dubai.

The Dyson employee - [Moderation edit - personal information removed] - was very aggressive and interrogative in his responses to me, instead of adopting proper customer service protocols and training as to how to talk to a customer. 

I brought in my Dyson V10 to the store as it stopped working, and as I was trying to explain the problem to him, he kept asking - very aggressively about when I bought it and where the invoice was. When I said I don’t have the invoice on me now, he was dismissive and borderline rude! He did not explain what the process was or why he was asking for this information (in an unpleasant way) rather than listening to me (the customer) explain my problem. 

When I pointed out that I was not happy with his attitude and the way he was speaking, he became more rude, more argumentative, and more dismissive! Even when I asked for the manager, he said “I am the manager” which he isn’t, as his colleagues explained. When I stopped and asked to be served by someone else, he ignored me and continued to speak to me. I had to ask 3 times for another person to come to deal with my case. I literally said: “I do not want to be served by you. I will not speak to you. I would like another person to deal with me and my case.” THREE times, until, the proper Dyson representative aModeration edit - personal information removed] took over and very calmly and politely asked the right questions to (1) understand my problem, (2) explain a typical cycle, and (3) ask about the date of purchase and invoice and (4) calmly explain why they can’t track the purchase from the bar code given that I bought it online rather than on store, and what subsequent consequences that may have on charges. 

Which I totally appreciated and understood. 

However, the behavior of bModeration edit - personal information removed] - arrogant and dismissive - is a HUGE disappointment. Certainly not the experience I expected from a Brand such as Dyson. 

This inactive topic has now been automatically closed. For help or advice, please create a new topic.