V10 Cordless Vacuum Cleaner - Filter light still showing | Dyson Community
Solved

V10 Cordless Vacuum Cleaner - Filter light still showing

• 29 November 2022
  • 6 replies

I have a V10 stick vac which keeps showing filter light. I have replaced filter with additional clean filter while the other dries after washing. Still the filter light remains on. I have checked for blockage and ensured filter is properly attached. What could be the issue?

(Edited by moderator – Moved to new Topic, Tags added)

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 30 November 2022, 11:10

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Our v10 has done this twice. I can only assume it was still detecting water in the filter. The first time around, I had to dry the filter above a radiator overnight. The next morning it worked fine. Thinking it was a one off, I left it to dry naturally. I now always dry it over a radiator. Lesson learnt.

Yep. I’ve seen this before! Maybe it’s more common than Dyson know. I now dry it in our heated towel cupboard. Out of interest, I’ve checked their website to see if this is normal. 

It isn’t. If it keeps flashing after being washed, dried thoroughly and reattached, the filter needs to be replaced.  

Userlevel 1

We have a similar problem. The light comes on and stays on shortly after the filter has been washed and thoroughly dried, initially over a radiator. The filter is obviously nowhere near full and the performance does not seem to be impeded. This is a steady light, not flashnig,

I have the same issue, except the light stays on even when I replace the filter with a brand new one. The light goes off after I put the new filter on, so I believe I’ve got it in place correctly (the replacement is a bit harder to twist on—it’s a Dyson replacement, not a knock-off). But as soon as I start to vacuum, the filter light comes back on. Now what? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @DLee 

If the issue is persisting with your V10, even after troubleshooting, please get in touch via our local WhatsApp channel, where one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and start a WhatsApp conversation.

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.

Best wishes,

My V10's persistent filter light, even after a swap with a clean, dry filter and blockage checks, had me stumped. But here's what I discovered:

1. Moisture Matters: Even a slightly damp filter can trigger the light. I gave it a full 24+ hours in a well-ventilated spot, and voila, the light often disappears!

2. Filter Fatigue: Over two years old? Even cleaned filters might be past their prime. Replacing with a new one from Dyson could be the magic touch.

3. Beyond the Filter: Don't forget hidden culprits like dust buildup in the wand, brush bar, or inlet. A thorough clean in these areas can make a difference.

If these common fixes to fix v10 light don't work, the issue might be more technical, like a sensor issue or software glitch.