V15 detect weird behaviour | Dyson Community
Solved

V15 detect weird behaviour

• 27 November 2023
  • 3 replies

V15 detect, 11 month old.

Around two weeks ago I had the first occurance of a weird situation.

Every morning I get my vacum and do some cleaning after my dog.

I take the vacum and do quick 5-10 mins cleanup.

This time I pressed the trigger, vacum had started but after few seconds it turned off, but not stopped like it does when you release the trigger, it simply went off, and the motor slowly stopped, with gradual smooth slowing down.

Then - after few seconds - I tried again and it was ok. I finished my daily morning cleanup.

But now - every time I want to do the cleaning - this is happening all the time. Sometimes it turns off 2-3 times, then it’s good, I finish my cleaning, put it on the charger, and after 1 hours - the same.

I checked battery - it’s good, it shows around 40 mins on ‘mid’.

I clean dyson, there’s no blockage, the filter is clean.

What more can I check.

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 27 November 2023, 18:14

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

3 replies

@michalkrawczyk Thanks for your post, it sounds like a trigger button fault to me. Please contact your local support for “main body” (that would be the part needed).

@Adam.Steinberg so you’re saying I need to get the part and replace it or just request a support to get my Dyson and have it repaired?

I also took a peek into the trigger. It’s just a lever that pushes this button on the battery - so I’m not so sure that the trigger is the issue here.