V6 battery - Charging issue | Dyson Community

V6 battery - Charging issue

• 27 November 2022
  • 7 replies

Please could you advise me

I bought my V6 from QVC a few years back (s/n UK-HMR8755A), it’s started not holding charge, running for half  minute then stopping with blue flashing light, I thought battery my be at end of life but! It’s not consistent (been marvelous up to now with an impressive run time), sometimes it’ll be fine after charging, light is coming on and charging then going out when done as should.

Now! My sister has one of these and had much this problem some time back, she bought another battery (not genuine I’ll admit) but it seemed to kill that battery stone dead quite quickly, I’ve put her battery onto mine and tried charging but light doesn’t come on no matter how long you leave it in there so I assume that her battery is completely dead.

Reason why I haven’t just gone and bought a new genuine battery for mine is because I can ill afford to buy a new battery and find this isn’t the cure so would like your thoughts please.

Kind regards

Richard Sadd

(Edited by moderator – Title amended/Tags added) 

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @richards 

Seeing a flashing blue light when your V6 stops running would generally indicate that you do need to place your machine back on the charger. Do you happen to charge your machine on the dock? 

Sometimes, the issue can be easily resolved by checking where the machine is being charged. If the machine is being charged in the wall bracket, the charging pin may be out of alignment with the machine, which would cause the machine to get a poor contact with the machine, which would result in lower charge levels.

If you can please take a look at your charging assembly, please push the silver charging contact toward the back of the charging bracket, and that will help loosen the pin and let you remove it from your machine. Please plug it directly into your machine and see if the blue solid light is sustained. Once you are finished, please unplug the pin from the machine and push it back into the socket on the wall bracket until it "clicks" into place. Once you hear that click, the charging pin will be back in alignment and your machine should charge properly.  Let us know if this helps at all!

Thank you for reply, I am charging on base unit which is mounted on wall, when it goes on blue light comes on sloid and not flashing (as always have).

I will try plugging the charge plug into the machine out of the base unit as you suggest, however! I would have thought if charge light is on it has connection, I’ll report my results after trying this.

Thanks again.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

I’d knocked the charger out of the mount.

There wasn’t enough of a connection to turn the light on. Nothing more. 

Great advice shared @kellym 

Hi, 

Just joined the community ai have the same issue as this thread 

I don't have a mount, even though I purchased the unit new. I only get about 30 to 45 seconds run time.

Do folk think it is the battery ? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Wilberforce 

It is most likely. If the cleaner is being charged for the adequate time, and the charger isn’t faulty, it would be the logical conclusion. 

I suggest visiting their online help and checking that it is. Visit here. https://www.dyson.co.uk/support/vacuum-cleaners/cordless

David. 

I’m afraid I’ve led you up the garden path.  The waste container says “dyson V6 trigger” but in fact on closer investigation, it is a DC58.  Close.  I’ll look for info on that one, and Merry Christmas to all.

I’m afraid I’ve led you up the garden path.  The waste container says “dyson V6 trigger” but in fact on closer investigation, it is a DC58.  Close.  I’ll look for info on that one, and Merry Christmas to all.

Hey @Wilberforce.

Merry Christmas for yesterday ☺️

The link shared by David should still help. You’d need to select the correct machine in the list. https://www.dyson.co.uk/support/vacuum-cleaners/cordless

Good luck. 
Kirby.