V7 design - Are these issues fixed in newer versions? | Dyson Community
Solved

V7 design - Are these issues fixed in newer versions?

• 19 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Maybe four years ago, we bought a V7 and initially it worked fine. At some point, we discovered that the vacuum loses a lot of the dirt when you tilt it the wrong way, looking closely at it that’s a construction issue, if you overtilt it, it simply falls out. On top of that, the battery versus anti-very quickly, always, with massive degradation over the years. On max setting, It’s empty in around three seconds now from being fully charged.

Also, over time, it’s efficiency in vacuuming dirt from a wooden floor got significantly worse.

Are these issues, especially the possibility that dirt can fall out when over tilting the vacuum, fixed in newer versions? If so, from which version.

Black Friday is coming up and we need to be deciding on another Dyson or another brand…

(Edited by moderator – Tags added)

icon

Best answer by DavidTaylor 19 November 2022, 21:18

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @dydydy 

You’ve raised several valid points. I fully agree these were failings with the previous design produced by Dyson and subsequent replicated by their competitors. 

I’ve owned various Dyson cleaners over the years. Most noticeable their Cordless range. I recently purchased their V10 Absolute, disposing of the V6. 

In my opinion the most noticeable and impactful improvement, which solves the first issue you’ve highlighted, is the design of the bin. It’s rotated 90 degrees, with the suction inlet at the top of the cyclone. Importantly, the contents sits at the bottom of the bin, with no way to escape. 

The next topic is one I’ve spoken on in other conversations. Battery degradation. This will sadly always be present, it effects are less felt however. Their latest iteration holds a charge for longer, almost doubling or tripling that of its predecessor. We’re now reaching around a hour of use. 

Dirt collection is another improvement. Almost doubling that of the V6. The V10 Absolute comes with multiple cleaner heads, with one specifically designed for hard floor collection. Pick up is somewhat tied to the maintenance. Regularly cleaning out the bin and filter cleaning is a strong must to maintain this. 

With all the improvements introduced into this model, their latest one is even more impressive. I’m already looking at it for my next purchase. The V15 Detect

David. 

I couldn’t agree more!! The V10 is superb! Never had an issue emptying the dust compartment or with the pick up.