what customer service | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

After only 3 weeks my refurbished Dyson V11 trigger broke…

As a loyal Dyson customer for 17 years I thought this wouldn’t be a problem as I’ve only had great experiences in the past. Upon first contact I was told that the part was not in stock and maybe might not ever be, so a repair was not possible. I was however given the option to buy a replacement body from a spares company from a list they gave me and once I submitted the receipt I would be refunded. This at the time, seemed like the quickest and easiest option. All went well, receipts, replacement part and faulty part were video scanned by customer services at our next call. I was informed that a member from accounts would either call or email to arrange reimbursement in a day or two.

After a few weeks with no contact and still thinking there’s no problem I’d call customer services again. Now I’m informed that despite everything they said that they will not honour the reimbursement for the bought part as the spares company is not affiliated with them! As you can expect I then ranted on about how this is what you told me to do and how terrible I was being treated to no avail. Upon asking to speak to a line manager or complaint’s department, I was informed that wasn’t possible.

I”m obviously extremely disappointed and disgusted with Dyson. I find myself in a position where I’m £113 down and worst still there is no UK email to complain or resolve this issue.

How is it that I feel scammed by such a well known multinational brand?

Any advice from anyone who may have had a similar problem would be grateful. Thanks.