What is the "latest technology" difference between the V15 Detect Absolute and the V15 Detect+ "first generation" | Dyson Community
Solved

What is the "latest technology" difference between the V15 Detect Absolute and the V15 Detect+ "first generation"

• 3 November 2022
  • 2 replies

The V15 Detect+ “first-generation” says “Save $50 on first generation Dyson V15 Detect+ compared to latest technology.”

The features between this and the V15 Detect Absolute seem to be the same. What technology has changed?

V15 Detect+ “first-generation”

https://www.dyson.com/vacuum-cleaners/cordless/v15/detect-plus/gold

V15 Detect Absolute

https://www.dyson.com/vacuum-cleaners/cordless/v15/detect/absolute-gold

icon

Best answer by DavidTaylor 4 November 2022, 12:41

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @dennisacevedo 

The Absolute variant translates over to the ‘extras’ that are provided in the box. Cleaner head, additional tools, accessories and sometimes even an extra filter. Absolutely everything you could possibly purchase for the product, in one box. Excuse the Pun. 

In the past, I’ve seen (+) variant being provided with one or two tool, but not as many as the Absolute.

For example, here is a screenshot of their Detect Absolute and the standard Detect. Note the difference I’ve underlined. 

In each case, the core machine is the same, technology, design and sometimes even the colour. In this instance, the Detect (+) added benefits look to be exactly the same. Cleaner heads, tools and accessories. It is just cheaper. This I’d say is the result of an online promotion. 

I hope this helps.

David.

I didn't want to spend the extra $50 so I purchased the v15 detect from Amazon which seems to have one or more fewer tools than are listed in the manual. 

The v15 detect I received as a black stem versus the gold stem on the v15 detect absolute.

Considering the price it never ceases to amaze me that companies like Dyson don't offer a wider variety of plastic tools which really don't cost that much to make it all!

🤷