Why is Dyson's Customer Support So Painfully Difficult | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

I wonder why Dyson’s customer support, specifically via phone and email, is incredibly difficult to work with, do not have any empathy or care for their customers, and at certain times just flat out rude and disrespectful?  It baffles me as this company tries to be the “Apple” of vacuums, haircare products, air purifier space.  However, after my recent experience I am one of many that have had such negative experiences, and I’m guessing their net promotor scores reflect that they are not in the same ballpark as Apple or other leaders in the customer support/service delivery space. 

(If anyone would like I will gladly go in to the details of my recent experiences, of even trying to reach out to head of Service Delivery; but seeing as this is a community bulletin board guessing nobody really wants to hear my soapbox story.)

I say this as, up until now, a rather loyal customer that has purchased 2 vacuums, 3 hair care products, and 2 air purifiers, and was just trying to purchase their new Gen5 outsize vacuum; which is easily more $5K in purchases, not including our recommendations that have resulted in thousands more.

My recent experience has turned my family and I from not just a loyal customer and advocate to others, to a group of ex-customers that will never purchase a dyson product in the future, nor recommend any of their products to anyone else.

-D

Hi @thewrx 

Thanks for letting us know about this.  

We always challenge ourselves to offer the highest levels of service, so I can only apologize for the experience you’ve had so far. I’ll make sure your feedback is shared with the relevant departments for you. 

The customer service platform always gets very high reviews from Dyson owners and we make sure to go through all surveys received after every interaction.

If you still need help or feel you’d benefit from another set of eyes on this, feel free to drop me a DM with your name, address and serial number. 

I’ll review your account and see if there’s any additional update I can provide, at the very least see if I can promote a member of the local team to contact you direct to discuss this further.  

Thanks, 

Customer service, in Honduras, does not follow through with promised phone calls, emails, etc. for a company that is supposedly a wonderful company. You pay Rolls Royce prices and get Chrysler/Plymouth service. Difficult to understand agents who do not follow through with what they say causing every phone call to begin with the entire story. 6+hours on the phone with 5 different people and still no solution. Awful, Awful, Awful. 

Nothing has changed in 2months - my experience today 16th Oct was awful. No whatsapp responses and was provided with an email that does not work. That’s not what I call professional but a company that does not care whether its customers are happy or not, just hand over the money