Why is my V15 accumulating debris outside the motor head while vacuuming on carpet? | Dyson Community
Solved

Why is my V15 accumulating debris outside the motor head while vacuuming on carpet?

• 29 November 2022
  • 3 replies

I just got my Dyson V15 Detect a few days ago and started testing it on my low pile carpet and just noticed so much debris on the outside of the motor head (elbow and wheels). Am I doing something wrong?

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 30 November 2022, 15:53

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

3 replies

Well, this is new. For a Dyson anyway 😂!

I’m not sure if I can name a competitor on here, so I will just say I’ve seen this on my “Big Fin Tuna”. It was caused by a static build when transitioning from my Lino floor to carpet. It was completely harmless. After wiping it over with an anti-static cloth (Purchased on Amazon), it was fixed. 

It’s either that or the floor is damp with fine wood chippings all over it 😁! I’d give the cleaner head a once over, checking there isn’t a hole allowing the dirt to escape. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@hphan88,

This is a new one for me to see; I can’t recall seeing this before on any of our cord-free units. I’d be curious to know; did this only occur when you were cleaning carpeting or did you also notice this when vacuuming hard floors as well?

Happens to me as well, I think it is caused by the vibration of the cleaning head making the dirt jump up, and then landing onto the cleaning head.

Unfortunately, it was really bad for me, and some of it ended up getting stuck in the rotating part of the cleaning head.