DC19 vs Big Ball Multi Floor 2 - Which should I keep? | Dyson Community
Solved

DC19 vs Big Ball Multi Floor 2 - Which should I keep?

• 12 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi everyone!

I’ve had a DC19db for 10 years, and it’s been great. But I’ve just been given a Big Ball Multi Floor 2. I’ve only got space to keep one. 

On paper, it looks like the DC19 is *slightly* better (280w vs 250w, for example). But the new one is, well, newer. The motor’s probably in better shape, and technology has probably advanced between models. So I’m not sure which one to keep. 

Any advice?

(Moderation edit - Tags Added)

icon

Best answer by Eagles 13 February 2023, 17:12

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @karlsmith,

We’ll let other Dyson Community members come back to you with their thoughts, but this really sounds like a matter of personal preference between your trusty DC19dB, and your new acquisition.

Have you been able to spend much time using the Dyson Big Ball Multi Floor 2 since you received it? We’d expect performance to be comparable between the two machines, so if you prefer the design and features introduced with the newer model, this might be the one to go with! The low centre of gravity means it can pick itself up when toppled. There's also an improved bin emptying mechanism which wipes debris from the shroud and hygienically ejects the dirt. And the Articulated wand handle rotates in 3 directions for greater control.

Happy to help if you have further questions about either machine!

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

The DC19dB was released between 2007-2011 vs Big Ball Multi Floor 2 2021+

DC19dB

Manufacturing guarantee has no doubtable expired. The previous version was retired from service. One could assume this model would be next. Part availability may lesson over time. Any parts or repair is at cost. 

Big Ball Multi Floor 2

Longevity in the newer model. Manufacturing guarantee for 5 years. Parts availability on average 10 years. Updated design. No extra cost associated.

Big Ball Multi Floor 2 has my vote.

Hey @karlsmith! Ah a tough decision, I loved our 19. I was sad to see it retire out of use.

The Big Ball is newer, has all the related perks. I consider keeping that. When do you have to decide which one you keep!?