dc25 hepa filter not stying in | Dyson Community
Question

dc25 hepa filter not stying in

• 21 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Help, please! I have a DC 25 which is great.  Recently the ball stops rolling and I realised that the heap filter had come loose.  We replaced it, but the problem is recurring.  The part seems to click in but not stay clicked in.  Any ideas please?  Many thanks 

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Claravacuumgirl,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

If you haven’t recently washed your Dyson DC25 vacuum’s filters, it’s worth doing this as shown in our video guide below. If the post-motor filter is overdue for a wash, excessive pressure from airflow unable to move easily through the filter can contribute to the filter being pushed out of place.

Please use cold water without detergent to thoroughly rinse the filter and tap out any carbon dust deposits. Then allow the filters to air-dry completely before replacing them - it can help to put them by a radiator, in an airing cupboard, or on a sunny window sill:

This should help, but if you continue to have issues after doing this, it may mean the filter catch mechanism is worn. In this case we’d normally recommend replacing the filter, but I note you’ve already done this.

We’re no longer able to offer spare parts or servicing for DC25 due to its age, so if the catch on the machine itself is worn or damaged, you may need to look for alternate repair options.

I’m sorry I can’t give you a more definitive answer, but I hope this helps.