DC25 replacement - Suggested Cordless Machine? | Dyson Community

DC25 replacement - Suggested Cordless Machine?

• 30 September 2023
  • 2 replies

My 13 year old DC25 needs to be replaced.  I tried a newer Dyson, but was really disappointed.  The wand handle was difficult to slide in and out and cumbersome to use.  I missed the foot pedal and found that the vacuum often tipped over or “unlocked” when I was trying to tip it up and push it across the floor.

I looked at a few cordless Dysons, but definitely don’t want to have to change the brush head when I switch from hardwood to carpet.

Any suggestions?

JamJam 7 months ago

The cleaner head isn’t that complicated. The switch over is quick easy, within 2 button clicks. 

We have hard floor downstairs and a mixture up stairs. Where we have carpet and hard flooring on the same level, we primary use the standard cleaner head. We only switch out to the fluffy head when we’re downstairs. It doesn’t work great on carpets. 

If you’re undecided, I’d use the ‘Help me Choose’ journey Help me Choose - Dyson Cordless Vacuum | Dyson Community

Jam! 

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5

The cleaner head isn’t that complicated. The switch over is quick easy, within 2 button clicks. 

We have hard floor downstairs and a mixture up stairs. Where we have carpet and hard flooring on the same level, we primary use the standard cleaner head. We only switch out to the fluffy head when we’re downstairs. It doesn’t work great on carpets. 

If you’re undecided, I’d use the ‘Help me Choose’ journey Help me Choose - Dyson Cordless Vacuum | Dyson Community

Jam! 

The V15 series is great. We have two, one for the house and another for the holiday home. 

Wonderful long run time, great pick up across carpet and hard floor. We don’t even bother with changing the cleaner head. Opting instead to use the main cleaner head on all floors. Works just as good in my view.