DC33 - Dust collection in the Dust Bin | Dyson Community
Solved

DC33 - Dust collection in the Dust Bin

• 16 December 2022
  • 12 replies

Wondering why all the dust etc, accumulates up one side of the dust bin? 

(Moderation Edit - Tags added/Moved to new Category)

icon

Best answer by DavidTaylor 19 December 2022, 22:13

View original

12 replies

Umm. No clue! Have you sucked up anything sticky or wet, causing it to accumulate on the one side? If not, its probably a dirty/blocked filter. Give this a read. Cleaning the filter(s) on your corded vacuum cleaner | Dyson Community.

Yep! Agreed. Unwashed filters or wetness in the canister. It either that or the cyclone is blocked. 

Well I have cleaned all the filters and washed the bin and that didn’t help. So not sure why it’s still happening 🤷‍♀️

May you try website? Dyson Support - DC33. Try sucking power. If weak and not damage. May you need service.

(Edited by moderator – Updated URL)

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Finels.

It’s not easy to admit that this question has me stumped.

In everyday terms, Cyclone technology forces incoming gas/substances into a spiralling motion, down the cyclone until it reaches the base. By forcing it downwards, any debris heavier than that of say, ultra fine particles should be deposited at the bottom. There are only a few scenarios that come to mind when this debris collates anywhere but.

1. Loss of suction - Generally caused by a broken seal, split in the outer housing of the cyclone, a blockage in the cyclone or poor/damaged filtration. Lessening the pull from the motor. 
  2. Broken part - Either the cyclone is damaged, resulting in the creation of a partial vortex or the clear plastic housing has a hairline crack, allowing air to escape the vortex and therefore depositing debris here instead. 
  3. Statically charged components - Much like in the home, where static exists, smaller particles are attracted. Wiping the cleaner down with an Anti static brush may fix it, but this isn’t a guarantee. 

The only other suggested, is that the components subject to wear and tear have reached their end life. A replacement set of filters may see you right in this scenario. When considering the price of a new set, it might be worth booking a service for the old girl and seeing what a professional has to say.

David. 

Yes I was thinking of booking a service for it to see if that will help. Thanks for the informative.

Hey @Finels 

Maybe this post could help with booking a repair/service? 

Hi Guys

Having the absolute worst experience today with Dyson call centre. Actually kind of 1980s bad. that bad

I have my visa card ready to book and pay.

I had fierce unhelpful people 3 times

massively taken the shine off a product which I value dearly and frankly I find under-priced

is this normal ?

(moderation Edit - Condensed multiple responses into one) 

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hi Guys

Having the absolute worst experience today with Dyson call centre. Actually kind of 1980s bad. that bad

I have my visa card ready to book and pay.

I had fierce unhelpful people 3 times

massively taken the shine off a product which I value dearly and frankly I find under-priced

is this normal ?

(moderation Edit - Condensed multiple responses into one) 

Hi.

It really depends where you call. Some of their outsourced centres aren’t that helpful when speaking direct. You’ll be better off making contact through WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger. The team that manages this services seem a higher calibre.

Charlie. 

thanks Charlie. The use of social media channels to communicate is not an option.  Even worse if this turns out to be a company policy decision

thanks anyway

Hey everyone, 

We love to see this exchange between our community members. The Dyson DC33 has been retired in a number of our markets. As such, some of the our local teams would not be able to book the machine in for a repair. If a machine is retired, we may not have further access to part numbers either- it’s not like that on every machine, but on some of our older legacy technology, we don’t have that information available to provide. @Gidgent  from what you have described, it appears you require a replacement bin. 

I would recommend purchasing the required part from one of our authorised parts retailers below:

• eSpares 
  • PartMaster 
  • Buyspares 
  • Spares2Go – genuine parts from Spares2Go are only available on Amazon 
  • 4Your Home 
  • PartCentre 
  • Appliance Spares Warehouse 

You may also find some of the tips in this article on ordering parts and accessories helpful: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hey @Gidgent 

May we ask which country you’re in? I know another moderator mentioned the DC33 being retired. Here in the US market, it’s not been retired yet, so we may have the parts you’re looking for, if you’re based in this market. Let us know here and we’d be glad to direct you to the part(s) you need.

Best wishes,