DC39 - Replacement Motor (where to buy) | Dyson Community
Solved

DC39 - Replacement Motor (where to buy)

• 13 February 2023
  • 3 replies

The motor on my DC39 has burnt out and I want to replace it. The part number is YDK YV-16K24FA 2J10 but the only motors I can find so far have the part number YDK YV-16K23FA 9CS15. Will that model work in my DC39 satisfactorily, or can anyone recommend a source of the correct model? I live in France so an EU source would be preferable, but a UK source would be feasible.

icon

Best answer by Eagles 14 February 2023, 23:45

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

If you can’t order it direct, these recommendations may be suitable. 

The DC39 motor burned our two weeks after I thoroughly cleaned the cyclone filters (most failures happen after maintenance). I had to watch several you tube videos to work out how to disassemble the DC39 without breaking it. After a lot of research on the net I found the necessary parts. The HEPA filter was on Amazon.fr (I live in France) from Groupe Dragon. Pre motor cylindrical blue filters came from ManoMano. The motor came from Fiyo.fr. I also bought a long reach Torx T15. Beginning reassembly today.

Hi @D Jarman , Would you have a link for the motor on Fiyo.fr, my motor died and I can’t find the part number, my motor is a Dyson DC39 motor YDK YV-16K24FA

Thanks

Rod