Disappointing Dyson Big Ball Animal 2 - Incompatible on my flooring | Dyson Community

Disappointing Dyson Big Ball Animal 2 - Incompatible on my flooring

• 27 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I’m wondering who was responsible for designing floor heads for this machine. 
They’re an absolute killer and make the machine completely unusable. 

Pneumatic head is basically hard to push, on carpets, rugs and sometimes it sticks too much even on hard floors. It also makes an awful scraping noise on hard floors. 
This “lovely” carbon fibre turbine is a joke basically. It stops spinning when you put it on carpet. I mean I think whoever designed it should be fired. 

Apart from floor heads it’s a fairy decent machine. The cord and hose are a bit short but can be manageable. 
Easy emptying, cyclones work great keeping the filter clean. Although when it gets dirty, the filter is really hard to clean. 

Anonymous 8 months ago

Hi @Blackout 

Thank you for raising this with us.

Normally the machine is not hard to push and makes cleaning so much easier.

To have this issue looked into, kindly contact our customer service. 

They will make sure to fully diagnose the machine and provide you with the best possible solution.

Please start this conversation through our WhatsApp channel, then one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’. 

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page. 

Thanks.

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

4 replies

Hi @Blackout 

They will make sure to fully diagnose the machine and provide you with the best possible solution.

Please start this conversation through our WhatsApp channel, then one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’. 

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page. 

Thanks.

Hi @Blackout 

Thanks.

I doubt contacting customer service will help, other than the team confirming the cleaner isn’t compatible with your flooring. You’re best option is to ask for a refund or exchange with Dyson to something that actually works - whist you wait, ask the carpet showroom/manufacture what vacuum they recommended. Most thicker carpet, with a combination of thick underlay won’t work with a brush bar. 

Hey Blackout- I have exactly the same problem as you. I have mostly wooden floors.  The head marks my floors and makes a scraping sound.  Could do with just a wooden floor head but don’t see one in spare parts.  Pity the head is so badly designed as the machine is very good.  Did Dyson help you to find a solution to your problem?  A lot of money spent and very disappointed & dissatisfied.  

amanda 

Badge +1

Hey Blackout- I have exactly the same problem as you. I have mostly wooden floors.  The head marks my floors and makes a scraping sound.  Could do with just a wooden floor head but don’t see one in spare parts.  Pity the head is so badly designed as the machine is very good.  Did Dyson help you to find a solution to your problem?  A lot of money spent and very disappointed & dissatisfied.  

amanda 

They actually do a set with a hard floor tool. 

https://www.dyson.co.uk/support/journey/spare-details.969276-01

I’ve just returned it. It feels way too cheap. I don’t know why they stopped using metal or aluminium telescopic tubes but replaced them with this awful plastic thing.

It’s also shocking what they’ve done with turbine/turbo head. I mean it’s just hard to believe.