Dyson Ball Animal 3 unstable when upright | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson Ball Animal 3 unstable when upright

• 4 December 2023
  • 2 replies

I recently purchased a Dyson Ball Animal 3 upright vacuum from Target and it does not stay upright when using the hose attachments. Upon inspection of the joint between the cleaning head and base, there is a recess in the cleaning head that appears to be intended to accept a spring-loaded latch to lock the vacuum in the upright position. However, this does not happen on my unit; the latch does not go into the recess and when I extend and use the hose, the upright portion pivots around the cleaning head and falls to the floor.

I went to the store to inspect the floor model and latches in place and is perfectly stable when upright. Am I missing something here? Could it just be faulty? Did I somehow assemble it incorrectly? I would appreciate any insight.

Video documenting my issue: 

icon

Best answer by Jack 4 December 2023, 12:30

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @BPeroney79,

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and thank you for the video and photos - these always help in troubleshooting any issues.

From what you’ve shown here, it does look as if the locking arm, which helps secure the machine and cleaner head for storage, might not be correctly engaging when the machine is standing upright.

Depending on what’s most convenient for you, you can speak to the retailer about arranging an exchange for a replacement machine. Any decision around this would come down to their individual store policies, which isn’t something we’re able to influence.

Or, you can arrange a repair via Dyson Customer Care. The quickest way to get in touch is to Live Chat to us on Dyson.com. Click the purple button to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant, then click the agent icon in the bottom left hand corner of the window to speak directly with the team.

Hope this helps!

Have a DC41 for 5 + years (unfortunately). Found that the switches and locking (sic) mechanisms for items such has holding the vacuum upright are cheap plastic components. Have to engage the power switch switch multiple times to turn on / off; keep lifting the vacuum up to lock in an upright position. And is very heavy to use with the power (sic) head attachment on stairs. Would never buy another Dyson. Decent suction, but cheaply made and overpriced. Shark and Chinese competitors make a better value product. Long term assessment - POS.