Feedback - Dyson Upright - Ball Animal3 | Dyson Community

Feedback - Dyson Upright - Ball Animal3

• 8 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Fell into the trap of all the Dyson hooplah and fanfare. You guys must pay your advertising agency and “user reviews” posters tons. That would explain where all the money goes, because it sure isn’t into creating functioning products or customer service and support. 

Paid $500 for the much hyped Dyson Ball Animal 3. Unboxed it and set it up as per the instructions, and the wand works but it doesn’t switch suction to the front. Called support, got disconnected because of an issue on their end, and no call back. 

Called again. Went through the steps with the CSR, who insulted me because I didn’t see a “C” ring, which is present on the Animal2 and not the 3 by the way. Still couldn’t get it to work. Now I have to package the thing up and send it back.

No way I’m getting caught up again. Give me my money back, I’ll go get a Shark for a third of the cost. 

(Edited by moderator – Title amended/Tags added/Moved to new category)

Stuart 1 year ago

Hi @MikeH56,

Thanks for sharing your feedback.

This doesn’t sound like the best experience.

Our customer service experts are empowered to resolve most issues in the first instance, as well as offering support and guidance to help get the machine working. If you're already in contact with our experts, I'd encourage to you continue your conversation with them as this is the best way of arriving at a resolution. If the product is deemed to be faulty or not as described, in line with the Dyson Terms, which are found across our global websites, we protect our consumers right for a return and a refund. 

Allow me to offer some assurance in that this occurrence is very rare. In fact, Dyson have a very stringent quality control which usually identify any such errors before leaving our factory for shipment. I am sorry to read that in your case this doesn't seem to have happened. As a recommendation, I’d suggest visiting the online help section of the Dyson website and navigating through the Troubleshooting option. This may help indicate what if anything is missing from the initial setup. Pinpointing is there was a missing step or if a part of machine has loosened, such as the internal hose. 

Thanks, 

Stuart.

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @MikeH56,

Thanks for sharing your feedback.

This doesn’t sound like the best experience.

Our customer service experts are empowered to resolve most issues in the first instance, as well as offering support and guidance to help get the machine working. If you're already in contact with our experts, I'd encourage to you continue your conversation with them as this is the best way of arriving at a resolution. If the product is deemed to be faulty or not as described, in line with the Dyson Terms, which are found across our global websites, we protect our consumers right for a return and a refund. 

Allow me to offer some assurance in that this occurrence is very rare. In fact, Dyson have a very stringent quality control which usually identify any such errors before leaving our factory for shipment. I am sorry to read that in your case this doesn't seem to have happened. As a recommendation, I’d suggest visiting the online help section of the Dyson website and navigating through the Troubleshooting option. This may help indicate what if anything is missing from the initial setup. Pinpointing is there was a missing step or if a part of machine has loosened, such as the internal hose. 

Thanks, 

Stuart.

Stuart,

There is no spin on this case that you can use to put it in a good light. 

I paid $500 for a brand new “Ferrari” of vacuum cleaners and I got a “Dodge” and dodged. 

Prior to your suggestion, I read many troubleshooting guides and watched videos. I also did that prior to calling your very generously named “experts”. They guided me to the same You Tub videos I had already watched. They put me on hold 10 times while reading the same step by step guide that was supplied in my box. They weren’t experts. When I asked for someone to join the call that was a little more well versed in the troubleshooting of these beasts, there was none. They’re the same people that you’d get if you called any customer support. They all work for Convergys, not Dyson. Tell me I’m wrong. 

While I was trying to find a fix online, I found waaaaaay more people with the experience I’m having.

(Edited by moderator – Edited in line with Community Guidelines)

Now I’m getting censored by the “moderator”. Is Dyson so unsure of it’s status that they’re ordering you to edit out the names of your competitors? I don’t think that I saw that particular rule in the Community Guidelines.

Needless to say I’ll be purchasing a much more well reviewed brand of device after I receive my refund  from you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @MikeH56 

Thanks for the follow up message.

Your previous post was moderated as it was in breach of the Community Guidelines, more specially point 1. Offending behaviour. I sent you a Private Message on the platform advising you of this. I have since moderated your last comment, as it was also in breach.

Please familiarise yourself with all of the guidelines when posting in the future, so that everyone has a respectful and enjoyable experience.  

Thanks, 

Stuart