help me identify this part on animal 2 | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Solved

help me identify this part on animal 2

• 5 June 2024
  • 3 replies

Please can someone help me name this part? It broke for some reason so I can use any of the head extensions. The red bit goes in the metal bar and acts as a clip. I don’t want to buy a new hoover just because of this plastic piece breaking. Thank you 

This inactive topic has now been automatically closed. For help or advice, please create a new topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @ukcoffeedev,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

Sorry to see this has happened, but your machine is likely to be within the free 5-year guarantee period for Dyson corded upright and cylinder vacuums.

So we can help organise a replacement part, please visit Dyson.com and click the round purple button to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant. Then follow the 'Registration and technical support' prompt to reach one of our Dyson Experts.

If you’d prefer, you can call our UK Helpline on 0800 298 0298 (available from 8am-8pm Mon-Fri, and 8am-6pm on weekends).

We'll look forward to speaking with you!

Thanks Jack. I have phoned, lucky it is under warranty. Although not happy because they cannot replace this little part and have to replace the whole wand. But it’s not in stock so I have to wait? If they don’t have the stock why can’t they just replace the whole device? I need to keep a house clean for medical reasons…..

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @ukcoffeedev,

I’m glad you were able to speak with our Customer Care team. The broken component in your image is part of the complete Wand assembly - so this is what would need replacement in this instance.

I can only apologise if the Wand assembly is currently out of stock in the UK - obviously our intention would always be to resolve any issues as quickly as we’re able to.

You would need to continue your conversation with UK Customer Care for further support. Here at the Dyson Community, we don’t have access to customer details, and can’t intervene with individual resolutions as these would be taken at a regional level.