Sulphur Smell - Vacuum issue | Dyson Community
Solved

Sulphur Smell - Vacuum issue

• 10 April 2023
  • 8 replies

Hi, does anyone have any suggestions of what would suddenly be causing a strong sulphur/electrical fire type of smell in a Dyson DC54 vac? Thanks

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 12 April 2023, 10:45

View original

8 replies

Hi @Vac2023  

A clogged filter in a Dyson vacuum can create a muffled sucking sound or a high-pitched squealing during use. Additionally, as the filter fills with dirt and debris over time, all the built-up debris begins to emit a burnt-smelling odour. You may need to remove and clean out the vacuum's filter.

We need to advise you to stop using your machine and request that you contact your local customer support team. They will be able to run through further diagnostics and discuss the next step. You will need your machine to hand when making contact.

Could you please contact our local WhatsApp channel by clicking the Guides and manuals link, then navigating to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and selecting ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’. A member of the Customer Service team will be able to offer further support.

Thanks,

Ashton

Hi Ashton,

Thank you.  There was no change in sound at all nor capacity of the vacuum just the electrical/sulphur smell that filled the house very quickly.  I shall make contact via WhatsApp as suggested and thank you for the feedback and response.  

Thank you

Hi Ashton, 

The link as per the steps and language provided don’t include the What’sApp as an option. I’ve tried Dyson directly via the WhatsApp App yet nothing showed there either. Can you please provide a direct link. Thank you.

@Vac2023 

I would be more than happy to look into this for you. Please advise where you are located in order for me to provide you with the direct link to your local team. 

Thank you. Geelong is closest to a city/large town.

Hi Ashton,

Can you please update the post, thank you.

Hi Ashton,

Can you please update the post, thank you.

Use their Facebook Messenger option or give the Australia Dyson office a call.. https://www.dyson.com.au/dyson-support

Hi @Vac2023  

A clogged filter in a Dyson vacuum can create a muffled sucking sound or a high-pitched squealing during use. Additionally, as the filter fills with dirt and debris over time, all the built-up debris begins to emit a burnt-smelling odor. You may need to remove and clean out the vacuum's filter.

We need to advise you to stop using your machine and request that you contact your local customer support team. They will be able to run through further diagnostics and discuss the next step. You will need your machine to hand when making contact.

Could you please contact our local WhatsApp channel by clicking the Guides and manuals link, then navigating to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and selecting ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’. A member of the Customer Service team will be able to offer further support.

Thanks,

Ashton

@Stuart & team. I suggest updating the response you provide, including Facebook Message as a contact option.