Wheel has come off my corded Dyson Ball Upright | Dyson Community
Solved

Wheel has come off my corded Dyson Ball Upright

• 10 April 2024
  • 2 replies

I noticed a few weeks back that the righthand wheel was coming loose on my 2 year old vacuum cleaner. I have the suitable torx screw bits to tighten it up. Recently it came loose again, but wasn’t biting tight and today, the wheel has come off and the screw can’t be tightened. I think the inner plastic the screw bites into has stripped.

Does anyone have any suggestions to repair this? I was thinking, if I can get hold of a matching screw which is longer, I can get past the stripped plastic, but would need to know what sort / size of screw this is?

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by Jack 11 April 2024, 11:55

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @South2north,

Welcome to the Dyson Community - sorry to see this has happened to your machine. 

It sounds like your Dyson vacuum is well within our free 5-year guarantee period, so we should be able to organise a repair to resolve this for you.

Please visit Dyson.co.uk and click the round purple button to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant. Then click the agent icon in the bottom left corner of the chat window to start a conversation with our Customer Care team.

If you’d prefer, you can call our UK Helpline on 0800 298 0298 (available from 8am-8pm Mon-Fri, and 8am-6pm on weekends).

We'll look forward to speaking with you!

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the reply, I’ll get that booked in, I’ve finally found the receipt after some searching.

Regards

Ben