why is getting my replacement such a nightmare!! | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Question

why is getting my replacement such a nightmare!!

• 21 August 2024
  • 2 replies

I’ve had a Dyson Animal 2 for 6 years now and love the vaccum. It works great and I was loyal Dyson customer until recently..  About 3 months ago, one side of the vaccum head stopped spinning. I cleared out the animal fur and turned it back on. Still not working. I called Dyson and they did not have a replacement head or vacuum but were going to upgrade me to an Animal 3!! I was excited to get an upgrade and that’s when my experience turned terrible!!

I shipped my Dyson back and they turned around my Animal 3 quickly. Unfortunately it made it to Dallas through UPS and never made it any further as they lost it or was stolen. I waited a week and called Dyson and they shipped another one with faster speed. Same issue with the next one. Shipped via UPS and is stuck in Dallas lost or stolen.  I waited two weeks to call Dyson and was on Hold with customer service whose resolution it was to have me wait until a vacuum that was lost or stolen by UPS is returned and then wait another 2 weeks to receive another vaccum which will then be lost or stolen again!! As you can see this is not a solution or resolution!! This is absolute stupidity, as I have no vaccum and have to wait for a lost vaccum to be returned before they’ll do anything!! So I asked to speak to a manager and was told they would call me the next day. Never happened. I called Dyson today, explained all that happened and was given the same idiotic response as before. I asked to speak to a manager waited on hold for another 10 minutes to then be sent to the review line. I know they make great machines but this experience makes me regret EVER BUYING A DYSON. Whomever from Dyson that reads this return my machine from EL Paso, or give me my money back!! I have no machine and no money for what I spent!!

Hi @Dmrotter,

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and thanks for letting us know about this.

I’ve reached out directly to take some further information.

I’ll look forward to hearing from you.

Hi Jack,

I’m glad you have because I’ve spent 4 hours on the phone with customer service and UPS since the initial return and have gotten nowhere.  Just a bunch of pre-read scripts on case 37338143 and 40775639.

At this point, I want my original vaccum I turned in or what I was promised which was an Animal 3. Dyson has my property and customer service refuses to do anything about the lost/stolen vacuums through UPS. I have been patient but it’s been over a month now in waiting and am considering legal action at this point since Dyson refuses to return my Animal 2 which was received in your El Paso, Texas warehouse on 7/16.