AM09 Fan does not stop in heating mode when required temp is reached | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

I have an AM09 which is correctly Shutting off the heating  when it gets up to temperature. 
BUT

The fan continues to run very slowly and creates draughts

the oscillation stops, but the fan continues to run at a low level

I would have expected the whole thing to stop operating pending a drop in temperature to the required level

I called Dyson Help in the far east and they have booked it in for a return and CHECK. I was not convinced that the guy knew what I was talking about. I called again today and again the agent I spoke to thought it was wrong but again, I was not convinced as to her real knowledge 

The manual is not very clear in saying what will happen when the required temperature is reached. It says that the heating will go off.  It does not say anything about the fan

Is it correct that the fan continues to run a low-level or not?

Some authoritative advice would be appreciated

Mike

Hi @MikeDee,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

What you’ve described above is expected behaviour from your Dyson AM09 Hot+Cool™️ Jet Focus fan heater.

Once your desired target temperature has been reached, your machine will switch to Monitoring mode. The impeller will continue to run at a low speed, drawing airflow into the machine and past the intelligent thermostat. When the thermostat detects the temperature has dropped below your selected target, the heater will activate again.

Hope this helps, and apologies if this wasn’t correctly explained when you contacted the Helpline previously.

Jack 

thank you for your quick reply

I will cancel the service call as obviously the AM09 is performing as expected

best

Mike