Dyson Air Purifier and Humidifier - Incorrect product received - My opinion STAY AWAY! | Dyson Community

Dyson Air Purifier and Humidifier - Incorrect product received - My opinion STAY AWAY!

• 7 July 2023
  • 2 replies

I bought my Dyson air treatment device paying about 700 pounds although there are similar products for 150 pounds on the market. Expecting at least a standard service.

First delivery - They sent a used product with tear and wear everywhere in a torn apart box. Took me one hour of debate with customer services to arrange an exchange.

Second delivery - They surprisingly sent a new device. It stopped working in 10 days with a permanent exclamation mark on it. Had to go through multiple interviews with customer services to arrange an exchange.

Third delivery - used product again with obvious wear marks on it, with a filter full of dust because of prior usage. Now, I have lost my hope.

It has been 8 weeks since I purchased this product paying an amount that can purchase four of the same product, and I still do not have a device. I did not mention the other issues I had over this period so that the reader can see succinctly how bad/dishonest the customer service is. Just stay away and you will be happier.

Dyson - you should stop sending used products when you sell people new products.

Stuart 9 months ago

Hi @Gultekin

Thanks for letting us know about this. I can only apologise for the experience you’ve had so far.

Those items purchased directly via the Dyson website or retail stores, unless otherwise stated should be brand new products. The only instance where a refurbished items are shipped is if these are purchased from our refurbishment store, or where an agreement has been made with our customer service team. In either instance, our items should arrive in a suitable condition, in new packaging, without damage. 

As you’ve raised an issue whereas this has not happened, I’d encourage you to continue your conversation with our customer service team. They’re best placed to help you further, and are empowered to resolve most issues without the need for further escalation. These issues aren't usually something the Dyson Community team can directly help you with. 

If you feel another set of eyes can add a new perspective to this matter, please drop me a DM with your name, address and latest serial number. I’ll review your account and see if there’s any additional update I can provide, at the very least see if I can promote a member of the local team to contact you direct to discuss this further.  

Thanks, 

Stuart

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Gultekin

Thanks for letting us know about this. I can only apologise for the experience you’ve had so far.

Those items purchased directly via the Dyson website or retail stores, unless otherwise stated should be brand new products. The only instance where a refurbished items are shipped is if these are purchased from our refurbishment store, or where an agreement has been made with our customer service team. In either instance, our items should arrive in a suitable condition, in new packaging, without damage. 

As you’ve raised an issue whereas this has not happened, I’d encourage you to continue your conversation with our customer service team. They’re best placed to help you further, and are empowered to resolve most issues without the need for further escalation. These issues aren't usually something the Dyson Community team can directly help you with. 

If you feel another set of eyes can add a new perspective to this matter, please drop me a DM with your name, address and latest serial number. I’ll review your account and see if there’s any additional update I can provide, at the very least see if I can promote a member of the local team to contact you direct to discuss this further.  

Thanks, 

Stuart

Hi @Gultekin

Thanks, 

Stuart

Always on the ball @Stuart