Horrible Customer Service | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

Horrible Customer Service

• 16 August 2024
  • 0 replies

I’m very disappointed in Dyson. I ordered a Dyson Purifier Big + Quiet Formaldehyde BP04 and received it on Monday, August 12. The air quality monitoring worked for less than one day and then I got the message “No data has been recorded. You can check the status of continuous monitoring in settings.” I checked and it is set to continuous monitoring. I call support Thursday, August 15, and got someone who was hard to understand because of his heavy accent. I tried to explain my continuous monitoring problem, but the person kept trying to explain how to use the remote. I finally had to say STOP AND LISTEN TO ME to get him to listen. I told him I had no way to take the air filter to a USP store to return it for a new air filter. I asked that UPS pick it up from my house. He told me he would be setup the pickup and he sent me a return label. He also told me to call as soon as USP picked up the package so they could immediately ship the replacement.

Later that day, I had to call customer service again, because I got an email saying I needed to drop off the package at a UPS store. I got another customer service rep. who was hard to understand and would not listen. Again, I had to tell them to stop and listen. I explained I needed the package picked up and the previous rep. had said he had set that up. She kept trying to tell me I had to take it to a UPS store. I finally got her to understand and she sent me an email saying the package would be picked up by UPS but the email did not have the Dyson reference number.

This morning, August 16, I got a message from UPS that they did not have my apartment number and it needed to be corrected so they could pick up the package. I called Dyson support and had the same experience as yesterday, hard to understand and wouldn’t listen. I finally got the rep. to listen and she told me that the package wasn’t set to be picked up by UPS, I had to take it to the UPS store. I repeated multiple times that I had an email from Dyson support that said UPS was going to pickup the package and also from UPS saying they were supposed to pickup the package. I explained UPS wouldn’t let me change the incorrect address for the pickup and Dyson needed to contact UPS to give them my correct address. She said I had to contact UPS and then proceeded to give me an INCORRECT phone number for UPS.

I can’t believe a company that had great products has such bad customer service! It makes me very concerned on if and when I will get a replacement air filter!!!