Is it possible to locate a MAC address for TP09? | Dyson Community
Solved

Is it possible to locate a MAC address for TP09?

• 18 May 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi all,

as per title, I’d like to be able to add my TP09 to my router white list but without a MAC address it’s a no go for the app at the cost of security?

Cheers

Spangle

icon

Best answer by Dve 21 July 2023, 21:23

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi. 
Current security doesn’t allow for the addition to a private/hidden network. It is possible after the fact. Unhide the network, connect the device and proceed to hide the network. The device will remain connected. 
David. 

Instruction on connection orts here - Router - Connection port(s) | Dyson Community

Thanks for the replies.

However, hiding the broadcast of the group/user name is insufficient as I have all devices white listed by MAC for added security.

It’s odd that Dyson does not include  MAC info on their labels like most other electronics manu’s do that need wifi connectivity as a basic security identifier.

Hello everyone,

Someone can help me to find the MAC address of my Dyson TP09 that i have just bought,

I try to connect it to my WIFI server, but as there is a portal and security code, that doesn’t work,

I need to send the MAC address to my WIFI provider to register my device manually,

thanks all for your support,

david

Hello everyone,

Someone can help me to find the MAC address of my Dyson TP09 that i have just bought,

I try to connect it to my WIFI server, but as there is a portal and security code, that doesn’t work,

I need to send the MAC address to my WIFI provider to register my device manually,

thanks all for your support,

david

Have you tried raising a ticket with Dyson? Supplying the serial number and providing ownership, they might be able to have the IT team provide it. Use WhatsApp to talk to Dyson, it will be a lengthy process.

i found the MAC address,

Actually, it’s inside the purifier, so it needs to open the purifier , where the filter is in here, the MAC address is written on a white tag,

regards,

David