Legitimacy of formaldehyde testing??? | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

New here!

I’m really intrigued by the Formaldehyde models of air purifiers...like all of them (humidify, heating, cooling). I’m looking into the standards and all the testing done to verify if it’s another industry stretching of the truth like common activated carbon filters - they don’t contain enough carbon to filter VOCs for more than a few days. When I search for the testing standard that Dyson states they used for their formaldehyde validation (GB/T 18801-2018) I get nothing that is mentioned outside of a Dyson related publication. I do find the full standards for GB/T 18801-2015 and GB/T 18801-2022 but there doesn’t appear to have ever been a GB/T 18801-2018 standard. Is it a typo? Is it a falsehood? I don’t know, I want to believe the best, but I also wouldn’t be surprised. 

Hi @791kwalker,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

It looks like this is indeed a typo - this has been corrected in most places, but looks like you’ve spotted a reference the team missed!

Please can you provide a link to the page(s) where you found this? We’ll make sure it gets updated with the appropriate standard.