My machine keeps disappearing | Dyson Community
Solved

My machine keeps disappearing

• 8 August 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

My son has recently moved back home and is using our 2nd fanpurifier in his bedroom. Every time he adds it to his app, it frustratingly removes it from mine.

Can a machine not be connected to more than one account at a time?

David.

icon

Best answer by Stuart 9 August 2021, 11:04

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

My mum and me had the same problem last year. I’d be interested in hearing how we can fix this as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @D.Taylor & @GraceWood

I wanted to see if anyone else on the platform had experienced anything like this before, or could answer the question themselves before jumping in. It’s not one that comes up all that often, so I am of course happy to share my knowledge.

When a new user/owner is going through the connection journey, they are given the option at the end to either take ownership of the device or not. The app asks them if they are either the ‘new owner’ or ‘just using it’. If they are not the new owner they must pick ‘just using it’. If they choose ‘new owner’ the product is automatically removed from all the other accounts it is registered against. 

In both your cases it sounds like the ‘new owner’ option had been picked. To change this, you will need to go back through the connection journey on both their account and pick ‘just using it’. You will then both be able to connect to the product. You will need to do this first however to take back the ownership.

For future note, there is no limit to how many devices can be connected to an app and no limit to how many accounts a product can be connected to.

Hope this help.

Stuart

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @D.Taylor & @GraceWood

I wanted to see if anyone else on the platform had experienced anything like this before, or could answer the question themselves before jumping in. It’s not one that comes up all that often, so I am of course happy to share my knowledge.

When a new user/owner is going through the connection journey, they are given the option at the end to either take ownership of the device or not. The app asks them if they are either the ‘new owner’ or ‘just using it’. If they are not the new owner they must pick ‘just using it’. If they choose ‘new owner’ the product is automatically removed from all the other accounts it is registered against. 

In both your cases it sounds like the ‘new owner’ option had been picked. To change this, you will need to go back through the connection journey on both their account and pick ‘just using it’. You will then both be able to connect to the product. You will need to do this first however to take back the ownership.

For future note, there is no limit to how many devices can be connected to an app and no limit to how many accounts a product can be connected to.

Hope this help.

Stuart

Thank you @Stuart I am visiting my mums this weekend and will try this. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

@Stuart we have it working now.I appreciate the detail support. 

David.

I had the same issue - not any longer. Great article.