Dyson Airwrap™ multi-styler - How I get my curls to stay on fine, straight hair | Dyson Community

Dyson Airwrap™ multi-styler - How I get my curls to stay on fine, straight hair

• 2 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have very long, straight, fine hair. I definitely had a difficult time getting the airwrap to work for me at first. If you’re feeling the same way, here’s what worked for me!

1.  Get the 0.8” barrel! This has made a huge difference for me. The 1.2” barrel left me with very loose waves/body after it relaxes. Basically there would just be some curl at the ends. It looked pretty, but it wasn’t what I was going for. I get much tighter, longer lasting curls with the 0.8”. 

2. To avoid weighing down my hair etc. I  only prepped my hair with 2 products. I used a It’s a 10 Miracle Leave-in Lite as a heat protectant/leave-in moisturizer in the ends. Then I used a Tresemme Extra Hold Volumizing Mousse all over my hair. 

3. I use the smoothing dryer to rough dry my roots. Then I used the soft smoothing brush to dry my mid-shafts and ends so they’re not soaking wet. The hair should still be damp. 

4. I prefer to curl my hair using the Mermaid Waves technique.  I divide my hair into 4 sections (top/bottom and left/right). I use high heat, high air flow and hold each curl for 10 seconds, then cool for 10 seconds.  Instead of letting the curl drop, I catch it and hold it in my hand a few seconds longer before letting it drop.  After finishes a section, I spray it with a medium hold brushable hair spray (bumble and bumble spray de mode).  Then move onto the next section.  Once done, I don’t touch the curls for 10-15 minutes  then I brush them out and they’re good to go!  The photos I attached are my finished results  

Stuart 8 months ago

Hi @Kkurtz910,

We love this post so much, we’re added it to our ‘Spotlighted Posts’ tag and featured in our Hair care - Getting started with Styling category as a fixed topic - Thanks for sharing 😀!

Curling hair is a fine art, once you get it right, why not share it with everyone! We can already tell this is going to be a great hit with our community!

In case you were looking for further inspiration or tips, we’ve recently released a series of articles covering our entire Hair Care range, including quick and easy styles for the Airwrap. This should offer some further help for anyone starting out with the Airwrap or that simply wants further help with curling. Visit our How to: Style your hair using either the hair dryer, straighteners or airwrap multi-styler article for more information 😎

Thanks 

Stuart 😁

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Kkurtz910,

We love this post so much, we’re added it to our ‘Spotlighted Posts’ tag and featured in our Hair care - Getting started with Styling category as a fixed topic - Thanks for sharing 😀!

Curling hair is a fine art, once you get it right, why not share it with everyone! We can already tell this is going to be a great hit with our community!

In case you were looking for further inspiration or tips, we’ve recently released a series of articles covering our entire Hair Care range, including quick and easy styles for the Airwrap. This should offer some further help for anyone starting out with the Airwrap or that simply wants further help with curling. Visit our How to: Style your hair using either the hair dryer, straighteners or airwrap multi-styler article for more information 😎

Thanks 

Stuart 😁

Those CURLY WAVES 😍!!! 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Btw this is how the waves look at the end of a hot/humid day after running some errands. I just brushed them out for this picture! 

For 2nd and 3rd day hair, I’ll just touch up the face framing pieces, smooth on some hair oil to reduce frizz, and I’m good to go! 

I can’t believe how long they last 😍! I found Curls drop out after a few hours, if not overnight! It looks great girl! I’ll le you know how I get on! Not brave enough to share a photo like you though 😎!!

Userlevel 1
Badge

@CurlyJane Yay! I hope it works well for you too!  Let me know how it turns out!