Dyson Ball - Suction stuck on hose | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson Ball - Suction stuck on hose

• 17 October 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi,

My fathers dc24 ball animal only has suction from the hose instead of the floor head. 

Does anyone know if this can be fixed or do I need to have it repaired? 

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 17 October 2022, 21:32

View original

6 replies

Hi @GraceWood 

If I remember correctly, our old family DC25 Multi-Floor had the exactly same issue. More than once. 

It was usually caused by something stuck in the change valve at the base of the hose. This usually being a sock or one of the kids toys. 

Inspect and remove whatever is in there. It should fix itself as soon as you have. 

Good luck. 

Kev. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi, 

We have just returned and it was caused by a sock. It was sticking right out of the hatch. 

As soon as it was removed, the hatch clicked closed and the suction came back. 

fixed. Thank you! 

Hi @GraceWood 

If I remember correctly, our old family DC25 Multi-Floor had the exactly same issue. More than once. 

It was usually caused by something stuck in the change valve at the base of the hose. This usually being a sock or one of the kids toys. 

Inspect and remove whatever is in there. It should fix itself as soon as you have. 

Good luck. 

Kev. 

A cracking explanation kev! 

Yeah, nope. 

I just received my brand new Ball Animal 3 with this issue. Nothing stuck anywhere, no support could steer me in the right direction. Now I have to box it up and send it back after an hour of unboxing. Garbage, overpriced, overhyped, garbage. Go with a more well reviewed brand. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @MikeH56

Let’s see if there is something else we can do to help, other than directing you to the online support and troubleshooting section for your machine. 

It is possible that on your model, the internal hose has become loose and therefore the suction is not reaching the base of the machine. The second thought would be that the change over valve has not switched into the downward position. 

A few quick steps will help identify if either of these are the cause: 

1. Lay the machine on its front. Taking care, remove the Cleaner head away from the vacuum's Main body. Turn the machine over so that the bin is facing upwards. Place your hand over the opening then turn on and test the suction. 
  2. This video at 1.25 minutes show the internal hose location and how to check it’s connected. Checking the head and base for blockages
  3. Check the change over valve/hatch is present. This is the visible hatch, which becomes visible with the bin removed. 

Thanks,

Stuart

Yeah, nope. 

I just received my brand new Ball Animal 3 with this issue. Nothing stuck anywhere, no support could steer me in the right direction. Now I have to box it up and send it back after an hour of unboxing. Garbage, overpriced, overhyped, garbage. Go with a more well reviewed brand. 

Alright Mike! If you’re not getting anywhere, try their online help. It’s got me out in a bind or two over the years! www.dyson.com/support 

If it’s something that can be fixed, you should pick up what it is! If not, you’ll need a repair.