Dreadful customer service when trying to get replacement part - Can anyone help? | Dyson Community

Dreadful customer service when trying to get replacement part - Can anyone help?

• 5 July 2023
  • 7 replies

We have a Cyclone V10 Animal cordless stick vacuum. The main cleaning head is broken at the joint and we need a replacement. So we go onto the Dyson website and put in our serial number (off the bottom of our machine). That takes us to a page for a different model - the V8 - which is a completely different machine, so we go back and try searching by model for the V10.  

We are then shocked to discover that the broken part itself cannot be replaced - a whole new cleaning head assembly needs to be purchased, even though most of the components are still okay. Hardly very eco Dyson! We then get to a page with no less than four different cleaner heads. Ours appears to be part no. 967483-05 which costs a ridiculous £60 but is out of stock anyway. 

Therefore, I decide to call telephone support for advice. After waiting over twenty minutes in a queue I finally speak to someone who seems to be just browsing the same website I am, rather than having any in-depth knowledge of the products. I ask if the Motorbar cleaner head (part No. 972163-01) will be suitable but I’m told that it’s not, even though it’s listed on the web page for V10 parts. Instead, the person recommended the Torque Drive Motorhead (part no. 970100-05) which is even more expensive at £70 and is specifically listed as being only compatible with the V11. She told me “it should work” but if we have any problems we can always return it for a refund (at our expense of course). 

I then decide to try the WhatsApp support route only to be told to visit the website for the item that I’ve already explained is out of stock! After going round in circles with someone who obviously hasn’t a clue what’s going on I give up and say I want to make a formal complaint. They tell me I have to call the telephone support line to do that so I’m back to square one!!

Unfortunately, having invested a huge amount of money in the machine and various accessories Dyson have got us over a barrel; otherwise we would just dump it and start over with another brand.

Has anyone out there had similar problems and can advise on which cleaner heads actually work with a V10?

Anonymous 9 months ago

Hello @SilentMonkey 

Thanks for letting us know about this. We always challenge ourselves to offer the highest levels of service, so I can only apologize for the experience you’ve had so far. I’ll make sure your feedback is shared with the relevant departments for you. 

I feel you’d benefit from another set of eyes on this, and would like to reiew your account information. If you could please drop me a DM the details below on, I’ll review your account and see if there’s any additional update I can provide, at the very least see if I can promote a member of the local team to contact you direct to discuss this further.   

Your name; 

Your email address (Connected to the Dyson App); 

The serial number for your machine. 

Regards,

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

7 replies

Hello @SilentMonkey 

Thanks for letting us know about this. We always challenge ourselves to offer the highest levels of service, so I can only apologize for the experience you’ve had so far. I’ll make sure your feedback is shared with the relevant departments for you. 

I feel you’d benefit from another set of eyes on this, and would like to reiew your account information. If you could please drop me a DM the details below on, I’ll review your account and see if there’s any additional update I can provide, at the very least see if I can promote a member of the local team to contact you direct to discuss this further.   

Your name; 

Your email address (Connected to the Dyson App); 

The serial number for your machine. 

Regards,

Hi there, thanks for reaching out.

I eventually got a response via WhatsApp offering me a discount on a replacement head but at the moment the item is still unavailable. One of my main gripes is the conflicting information presented on your website and given out by both your telephone and WhatsApp support personnel. 

Regards 

Guy

(Moderation Edit - Sensitive Information Removed)

Hello

I have not had any further communication despite you saying somebody from the local team would contact me directly. The head on our V10 is now completely broken (see pic) and therefore we can no longer clean properly. The replacement head (Part No. 967483-05) is still out of stock and still no-one has given me a definitive answer as to which alternatives are compatible. According to your website the Motorbar cleaner head (Part no. 972163-01) is compatible with some V10s but I was told it won’t work with ours. I cannot understand why the different V10 models would have different fittings: all the wands appear to be exactly the same and suit all models. I recently visited my local store and tried a number of cleaner heads on a number of models (V8, V12, V15) and all seemed to work fine. Surely, all of these components are interchangeable? If not, it’s a stupid design decision and just creates a nightmare of confusion fro the customer. 

Please can someone explain all this and confirm categorically which heads work with which models.

Regards

Guy

Here are the images.

Hello,

From the photos, this is exactly what has happened to my head cleaner today! The cleaning head is broken at the joint in exactly the same place with wires hanging out. From your email correspondence above, it is very disappointing to find we have to buy a whole new cleaner head. Particularly annoying for me as I purchased a new roller recently, which is now useless! I man assuming Dyson will provide a refund for the roller at least?

Like the member here, I would appreciate some constructive feedback on this.

Lizanne

You’d need to check the returns policy. If you’re still inside of it, then they’ll be able to refund. Sometimes (depending who you speak too) they’ll honour a refund a few weeks after it has elapsed, especially in circumstances like this. If you’re talking a few months later, I’m not sure. When did you purchase it?

Thanks for your reply but it was more than a few weeks ago, maybe over a month. Worth a try anyway. Thanks.