How Often Should You Perform Maintenance on Your Dyson WashG1? | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

Hello everyone,

I've recently started using the Dyson WashG1 and I'm curious about the best practices for maintaining it. I want to ensure it operates efficiently and lasts as long as possible. For those of you who have experience with this model, how often do you perform maintenance on your Dyson WashG1? 

Here are a few specific questions I have:

1. **Regular Cleaning:** How frequently should I clean the filters and other components?

2. **Deep Maintenance:** Are there any parts that require less frequent but more thorough maintenance?

3. **Signs of Wear:** What are the signs that indicate it's time for maintenance or part replacement?

4. **DIY vs. Professional Service:** Is it better to handle maintenance myself, or should I consider professional servicing?

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help!

Looking forward to your responses.

Hi @Malc,

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and congratulations on your new Dyson WashG1™️ wet cleaner!

You can find our guidance on regular use and maintenance here:

We recommend using the Self-clean cycle after each cleaning session, and to wash the wet rollers by hand after every three cleaning sessions. Using a standard household anti-bacterial detergent and allowing the rollers to air-dry naturally for at least 24 hours after each clean, will help prevent odours.

Over time, frequent or heavy use can reduce the performance of the microfibre rollers. We recommend replacing the wet roller every 6 months, depending on how often you use your machine, to help maintain cleaning capability.

As long as your machine is used and maintained according to our guidelines, we wouldn’t expect premature wear, or the need for a professional service. In the unusual event of a breakdown, please reach out to Dyson Customer Care in your region for help by visiting Dyson.com and clicking Support.