HP07 not following schedule in app | Dyson Community
Solved

HP07 not following schedule in app

Badge

I have an HP07 running in my office and have set a schedule in the app to turn on in Auto mode only during weekday work hours. I’ve noticed in recent days that the schedule doesn’t seem to be working - not turning off or turning on per the schedule. It seemed to be working up until fairly recently. 

(Edited by moderator – Tag added) 

icon

Best answer by acousticbiker 5 May 2022, 18:55

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

I’d say it’s either down to the internet connection or a desync between your phone and the HP07.

If I were a betting man, I’d put money on restating the 07 fixing the problem. The below link should be able to talk you through this restart. 

'Power Cycling/Restarting' your Air treatment machine | Dyson Community

David. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @acousticbiker 

Have you recently made any changes to how you have the machine connected to the Dyson Link app? Any changes to operating software on your mobile device can also affect connectivity, or any settings you might have set up. The continuous monitoring should remain active at all times unless the machine is switched off at the main supply. 

We'd definitely suggest that your phone/table is running the latest operating system, and that your Dyson Link app is also running the latest version. You can close down and re-launch the Dyson Link app, and/of remove the App from your device and re-install that. 

If you need further support after this, please get in touch via our WhatsApp channel and one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’.

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.

Best wishes,

Badge

I’d say it’s either down to the internet connection or a desync between your phone and the HP07.

If I were a betting man, I’d put money on restating the 07 fixing the problem. The below link should be able to talk you through this restart. 

'Power Cycling/Restarting' your Air treatment machine | Dyson Community

David. 

Thanks for weighing in, David. Internet seems fine in the app as local weather conditions update (and I have no other issues with internet on my phone or other devices at my office) and the HP07 and my phone seem to be connected because I can still control the HP07 with the app.

Hello @acousticbiker 

Have you recently made any changes to how you have the machine connected to the Dyson Link app? Any changes to operating software on your mobile device can also affect connectivity, or any settings you might have set up. The continuous monitoring should remain active at all times unless the machine is switched off at the main supply. 

We'd definitely suggest that your phone/table is running the latest operating system, and that your Dyson Link app is also running the latest version. You can close down and re-launch the Dyson Link app, and/of remove the App from your device and re-install that. 

If you need further support after this, please get in touch via our WhatsApp channel and one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’.

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.

Best wishes,

Thanks, Kelly. No changes to connection between the HP07 and app. No changes to iPhone OS (which is up to date) before this started happening and the Dyson Link app is up to date. That said, a quit/relaunch seems to have done the trick for now and I’ll follow up here if it happens again.

Actually, I now notice that the time selector is in 24h format and I believe I might have had my end time in 12h format (therefore, earlier than my start time - 08:00 to 06:00). I’m guessing that was probably the issue. May I please suggest the Dyson app respect the phone systemwide time format setting or allow the user to toggle in the app? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Good morning, @acousticbiker,

So happy to hear that you seem to be up and running again. Thanks for the feedback as well; I’ll make sure that this gets taken back to the team. Let us know if we can ever help with anything else.

Best wishes,