Dyson gen5 accessories - Is there an upright dock? | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson gen5 accessories - Is there an upright dock?

I have a dyson gen5 and I was wondering if there is any charging docks available in the uk or if there would be one coming soon?

icon

Best answer by Bob 22 May 2023, 09:35

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Stand free docks? As a wall dock is provided as standard in the packaging material. 

A freestanding floor dock. Don’t want to mount mine into the wall. 

Userlevel 5

A freestanding floor dock. Don’t want to mount mine into the wall. 

They don’t have an official one right now outside of Australia - Cordless vacuum stands, tools and accessories | Dyson

Here a link to the one they sell there - https://www.dyson.com.au/dyson-gen5detect-blue-copper

If you’re outside of Australia, I’d look at third party one if you’re interested. There’s a few options on Amazon.

I just bought the new Dyson Gen5Detect replacing the Dyson V11

I found that the Floor Dock will not fit Properly!? (Not Wall-dock)

I think I just need the new Head for the Gen5Detect instead of the whole stand

Anyone know the part# for the new head and where I might get it?

And yes there is a floor dock for the Gen5detect!

https://dyson-h.assetsadobe2.com/is/image/content/dam/dyson/leap-petite-global/products/floorcare/sticks/418/418-Web-shop-all-Choose-your-Dyson-Gen5Detect-PrussBlue-Copper.jpg?scl=1

There is an Official Floor Dock (Grab & Go Dock for the Gen5 Detect and is also listed on the Australian Web Site! Why its not listed on all of Dyson's Websites that have the Gen5Detect is beyond me!?

https://www.dyson.com.au/dyson-gen5detect-blue-copper Its seen here with the accessories listed!

Userlevel 5

I stand corrected. I wasn't aware they’d sold one in Australia - I assumed they’d sell it everywhere. 

I’ve updated my reply above ^. Let’s see if Dyson comment on when it will go elsewhere.

Extremely disappointed to see that no Floor Dok is available in the UK that’s compatible with the Dyson Gen5 Detect. I do not like the idea of damaging walls just for a vacuum, especially as I enjoy the flexibility of being able to move its ‘home’ over time.

Dyson should announce when they plan to bring the Floor Dok to the UK, ASAP. And additionally, they should update their website to more clearly list which accessories are compatible with the Gen5; it’s been a nightmare finding what is and isn’t compatible!

Great vacuum, but so far terrible after-service.

Extremely disappointed to see that no Floor Dok is available in the UK that’s compatible with the Dyson Gen5 Detect. I do not like the idea of damaging walls just for a vacuum, especially as I enjoy the flexibility of being able to move its ‘home’ over time.

Dyson should announce when they plan to bring the Floor Dok to the UK, ASAP. And additionally, they should update their website to more clearly list which accessories are compatible with the Gen5; it’s been a nightmare finding what is and isn’t compatible!

Great vacuum, but so far terrible after-service.

Alright! I couldn’t agree more. I’d love if they could announce their plans or share a roadmap of item delivery into market. That way I could plan better. I actually brought a 3rd party one off Amazon for a reasonable price. It will do until I can afford the official Dyson one.

acuum Stand for Dyson V15 V12 V11 V10 V8 V7 V6 with Wheels,Stable Storage Bracket Stand Holder for Dyson Handheld DC30 DC31 DC34 DC35 DC58 DC59 Cordless Vacuum Cleaners & Accessories & Attachments

Maybe they have one for the Gen5?

I just bought a gen5detect. Is there a floor dok compatible? I am anxious about getting the floor dok multi on the website because it doesn’t say if it’s compatible to the gen5detect. Thank you!

@amprjr See the above conversation. Dyson released one in the Australian market, but no where else yet. Buying a third party one might be best.