Is there an Adapter for sealing vacuum bags? | Dyson Community
Solved

Is there an Adapter for sealing vacuum bags?

• 28 December 2022
  • 3 replies

We recently bought the latest Dyson (V15 detect). Yesterday we had to bag up a double duvet (after Christmas visitors etc) in a vacuum seal bag and discovered there none of the attachments that came with it were any use to sucking the air out of the vacuum bag.  We tried using just the hand held bit (the only thing that seemed to work), but on several occasions we got an error message saying something like blocking airways (not quite sure exact message now) so we stopped and were afraid to continue in case we damaged the machine.

Is there an adapter/hose we can buy and or another way we can use the Dyson to suck the air out of vacuum bags?

(Edited by Moderator - Tags added/Moved Category) 

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 29 December 2022, 01:14

View original

3 replies

Hey @Hybrid147 

I picked up the Detailed cleaning kit a while back. Unrelated to using on storage bags. The Hose attachment does and doesn’t work. It’s fine with some of the storage bags my wife purchased at the local store, where others it seemed too small to fit around. 

I brought an after market part off Amazon. Work with everything. It called the Quick Vacuum Suction Tip Adapter. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @Hybrid147 

Great question! I can confirm, Dyson does not have an OEM part or adaptor that you can use for sealing vacuum bags.

Tried looking for adapter as mentioned in answer above but it is only available from Amazon in the USA...not keen on buying from abroad and trusting the mail (been stung before). 

However, I have found this (see below) on Ebay (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332316944923)….does anyone know if this is okay/works?