Dysin G1 debris tray falls out of the machine | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

I just bought the G1 Wash and the debris tray keeps falling out of the machine.  What is the solution for this? It doesn’t seem to be properly attached to anything.  The red filter tray fits well but the debris tray doesn’t. What are the exact instructions to make it stay?

Hi @movsyannikov,

Welcome to the Dyson Community - we’re sorry to hear you’ve encountered these issues with your machine.

Your regional Dyson Customer Care team will be able to resolve this for you under your free 2-year Dyson guarantee. You'll be able to find their contact information under Support at Dyson.com.

We’ll look forward to speaking with you!

This issue has been reported my many others on this community and there are tons of videos showcasing this issue on Reditt and YouTube, can you clarify if Dyson is confirming that this is a manufacturer defect and that everyone needs to contact Dyson for repairs? Frankly, I just sent mine back to Dyson. Please don’t sell us $700 machines that have defects. By the way, it was terrible to deal with customer service team on the phone, I could hardly understand the agent and they dropped the call twice! Never buy online from Dyson, better to deal with your store so that you can just bring it back with issues. Dyson really went down in quality of everything - machines, service etc. 

Hi @movsyannikov,

Thanks for your update.

Our free 2-year warranty covers your Dyson machine for failures due to manufacturing issues - so if anyone experiences an issue like this which can’t be resolved through troubleshooting online, we’d encourage them to get in touch with Dyson Customer Care directly for further help.

I’m sorry you were disappointed by your experience with the Helpline, and I’ll be happy to pass your comments along for you to the right people.