DYSON V10 ANIMAL - COMPLAINT | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Solved

DYSON V10 ANIMAL - COMPLAINT

• 31 July 2024
  • 1 reply

I'm writing to express my disappointment and frustration with my Dyson V10 hoover. Despite paying over £400 for this product, I feel I'm not getting my money's worth due to ongoing issues. This is not what I expect from such a well-known household brand.

Here's what I'm dealing with:

1. **Filter Issues**: The hoover constantly asks me to empty the filter, even though it's already clean and empty after each use. This is very frustrating and seems to indicate a problem with the device.

2. **Battery Life**: The battery runs out very quickly, even when it starts fully charged and is always kept on charge when not in use. This drastically limits its usability.

3. **Poor Suction**: At times, the suction isn't strong enough to pick up even small specks of dust. This makes it hard to effectively clean my home.

I also want to highlight a serious concern. I have a child with a low immune system who is highly susceptible to infections, such as chest infections. The poor performance of the hoover, especially its inability to pick up dust and the rapid battery loss, results in inadequate cleaning. This lack of proper cleaning is bad for my child’s health, as the remaining dirt poses a significant health risk

I've already complained and received replacement parts, but the V10s performance hasn't improved. This ongoing problem is causing significant inconvenience, and it's clear that the hoover isn't suitable for my family's needs.

At this point, I don't want another replacement/repair. Instead, I'm requesting a refund or some form of compensation. It's unacceptable to keep using a product that doesn't meet the standards I expect from Dyson, especially given the health risks involved.

I rang Dyson last Thurs evening 25/7 6.02pm and spent approx 45mins on the phone speaking to Fernando and explaining all of the above.  He provided a ref 40279102 and told Id get a call back within 24-48 hours.  It is now 31/7 and I havent heard anything.  I have just now come off the phone and spoke to Fernando, he stated he is not the same Fernando I spoke to last week.  He has said the matter has been escalated and was unable to give me any kind of update.  

I would appreciate if someone could back to me with some urgency to my issues.  There are some serious health issues concerned in my complaint that I think need to be addressed.

Hi @INDIE_69,

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and thanks for letting us know about this.

I’ve reached out directly to take some further information.

I’ll look forward to hearing from you.