WashG1 not dispensing or collecting water | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

I picked up our new WashG1 today and it barely dispenses any water even when using the Max button. I see a few feeble streaks on the floor but that’s all. Also whereas Dyson’s Self-Clean video shows quite a bit of water coming back to the dirty pot I don’t see a single drop. I was on the phone to customer support  but they couldn’t offer any advice other than returning it. to John Lewis. 

Before I take that step, am I wrong to be expecting more water or is there some trick that I have missed.

Very ironic if it’s called a wet cleaner when it’s mainly dry

Hi @PaulF,

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and thanks for letting us know about this.

It doesn’t sound like your machine is working correctly. The amount of water dispensed will depend on the hydration setting you’ve selected, but even on the lowest setting there should be more than you’ve described.

This is something we should be able to resolve for you under the terms of your free 2-year Dyson guarantee. Alternatively as you’ve purchased from a third party retail partner, you would be able to discuss your options for a return or an exchange directly with them.

If you’d like support from Dyson in resolving this under your Dyson guarantee, visit Dyson.com and click Support to get in touch with the right Dyson Customer Care team for your region.

We'll look forward to speaking with you!

Thanks Jack. John Lewis immediately replaced the machine. Already on its first mini test use it is totally different so looking good.

Paul

Hi @PaulF,

Thanks for the update - it’s great the retailer was able to exchange your initial machine for you, and I'm really glad to hear the replacement is now working as expected!

You’re welcome to come back to us at the Dyson Community if you need further help or advice at any point.