Why won't my brand new V15 Fluffy Optic Roller turn on, work, engage? | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

Why won't my brand new V15 Fluffy Optic Roller turn on, work, engage? Brand new unit, bought at Costco, fully charged before first use. No, there are no clogs, obstructions, etc.  The green light and roller have quickly flashed, indicating that there is a possible short.  Is my unit defective (I hope not, this would be my 3rd defective Dyson product in a row). I am hoping there is a simple user error. The manual says turn the lazer on----there is NO on/off switch on this model (face palm). For what its worth, my carpet roller works just fine.  Just not the Fluffy roller. I have also tried following the troubleshooting instructions of connecting the Fluffy Optic roller directly to the bucket without the want attachment. No luck. 

Hi @SideRetired,

Welcome to the Dyson Community! 

This sounds like an unusual issue, and to help pinpoint the cause we'll need our Customer Care experts to take you through some further troubleshooting checks when you have your Dyson V15 Detect™️ vacuum fully charged and easily to hand. If a replacement part is needed, they’ll be able to discuss your options with you.

Please visit Dyson.com and click Support to get in touch with the right Dyson Customer Care team for your region.

We'll look forward to speaking with you!