HP02 goes to Poor quality in heat mode | Dyson Community
Solved

HP02 goes to Poor quality in heat mode

• 19 January 2022
  • 1 reply

I run my HP02 hot cool link on auto normally, but when I turn on heat mode it will suddenly leap to Poor or Very Poor air quality in a matter of minutes! There is also a burning smell coming from the Dyson. I still have plenty of filter life according to the app.

I know that it is generated by the Dyson because when I turn off heating mode, let it cool off for a while, run my other purifiers (and wall heater) for a while it slowly reduces back to Good air quality.

This has happened multiple times! From the first few months of ownership til now.

I have done the usual troubleshooting such as vacuuming and cleaning the sensor. I’m 99% sure it’s caused by the Dyson heat mode and coming from the Dyson itself. I just don’t use it in heat mode now and use my home’s built in wall heater. Do I have a faulty machine? Should I use the warranty?

(Edited by moderator – tags added)  

icon

Best answer by Stuart 20 January 2022, 10:13

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @kristin 

Thanks for posting a question. As you’ve indicated a burning smell coming from the machine, I thought it best that I reply.

Reading your initial comments, I first thought was that a source of pollutant in the local environment was being heated up and therefore being detected by the machine. This could be being produced from the likes of cleaning products, perfumes or cooking to name a few. Using cleaning products on the machine can have a similar effect. The source would depend on the reading provided by the machine. Reviewing our What are the common household pollutants? article would help in identifying the pollutant types.

However, as you have mentioned that you believe the burning smell may have come from the machine itself, in the first instance and if this is the case, we need to advise you to stop using your machine and request that you contact our local customer support team. They will be able to run through further diagnostics and discuss the next step. You will need your machine to hand when making contact.

I can see from your account that you are in the USA. Could you please contact our local WhatsApp channel by clicking the Guides and manuals link, then navigating to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and selecting ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’. A member of the Customer Service team will be able to offer further support. 

Thanks, 

Stuart