Dyson V15 Absolute - Power issues | Dyson Community
Question

Dyson V15 Absolute - Power issues

• 22 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi all, new to this forum. I have (two) Dyson V15 Detect Gold cordless vacuums - both approx 10 months old. The problem child, on rare ocassion, took two or three trigger presses to rotate the brushhead. That problem has now worsened with the machine now cutting out in auto and completely unable to function in boost mode (even with brushhead removed). I have tried the following:

1. Ensuring all tubes unblocked.
  2. Removing and cleaning brushhead.
  3. Cleaning and elect lubing wand contact sets to brushhead.
  4. Cleaning (and now replacing filter with new Dyson branded item)
  5. Fully discharging and recharging battery.
  6. Replacing battery with a new Dyson branded item.

For info, both cleaners have light use (just the two of us in a three storey house - one cleaner at the top and one at the bottom used on a mix of carpet and hard floors).

4 replies

@gvs544 Thanks for your post. From that problem description, it sounds like a trigger button may be the faulty part. I’d get this over to a Dyson service technician for a review, or seek out the “main body/cyclone” part from your local support.
Thanks again, I hope this helps.

Fault reported to Dyson message bot ending with they will exchange my motor / cyclone head. 

Waited the their stated 24 hours for a reply on replacement - nothing happened.

Fault reported to human customer service agent - was informed to wait a week for a replacement motor / cyclone head.

Waited 10 days - nothing happened.

Again raised my concern with a human customer service rep - informed they will exchange my complete machine to take place Mon 5 Feb 24. Took a day off - nothing happened!! Mid morning called Dyson after not getting their courier email stating delivery times - was informed it will be delivered 5 Feb - it was not.

As of today - still no cleaner and no courier email. I despair at the poor skills involved. 

Spoke again to a human Dyson rep this morning and was now told it takes four to six buisiness days for their chosen courier to arrange delivery. I questioned why this new information was contrary to their previous verbal and emailed delivery infomation? Is their exchange process as faulty as my machine? 

Call finished with a verbal esculation to another team with a promised answer within the next 24 hours by either email or phone. I asked to speak with a supervisor but alas no. 

Trust at this point is wearing thin. Too many hoped for solutions promised - none fulfilled.

Well following on, no callback received however two days later the machine exchange happened - woohoo. However I was instructed to send back all the tools with my broken V15 that came with the machine.

New machine does not come with same tool set and is missing:

1. Hair screw tool
  2. Crevice tool
  3. On-top adaptor
  4. Low reach adaptor
  5. Soft brush
  6. Mattess tool.

Yet another call to human Dyson customer service rep who cannot send my tools without payment(?) or indeed return my fully functioning old tools. He agreed my plight and promised me a call back from a back room supervisor with 24hrs.

Yep - now 26 hours and no such call (again). Now left with the bare machine and the carpet and hard floor brush - but at least it works (for now).

Very unsatisfied with Dyson’s mute response to a faulty return process and unwillingness to return the tools I had orignally paid for:(